Club reputations?

How often, and when do team reputations change? Im in my first season in the Premier League after having rebuilding Newcastle over a couple of years after they dropped and were teetering on dropping even further when I took over. For some reason though, the club rep has stayed the same that whole time (2.5 stars). I am nearing the end on the season, solidly in 7th place (way above expectations).. I have knocked off each of the big teams atleast once, I am in the FA Cup semi's, went to the semi's of the league cup... all in all, I think I'm doing quite well.

But the club reputation does not seem to be budging... Its lower then several Championship sides, and its really holding me up in terms of further building. I can't get a decent foreign feeder club because of it, and of course its hurting me on the transfer market.

It's something that needs looking at I feel. I managed to take a team from obscurity to 2nd in the topflight (after finishes of 10th and 4th) and, consequently, successive European campaigns. My reputation was still lower than alot of second tier sides. Ruined my save. It seems that winning competitions is the only way to make it increase - which is difficult with a low reputation. Catch 22.

Manager reputation changes with every match, so I suspect it is the same with club reputation. The changes are very small though, you won't really notice them. I agree that reputation should increase more with good positions in the table and not only when you win titles.

Archived