I want to fine a loanee

I want to fine a loanee and wish the game would give me the option to do so. Maybe I could approach the loaning club and ask them to do it. I had Danny Guthrie on loan from Newcastle and he was sent off with 30 minutes to go in the second leg of the championship play-off semi final against West Ham for violent conduct. I was winning 1-0 at home and battering West Ham who had won the first leg 2-0(with two penalties) when for no reason he tried to snap Noble in half.

Hardly had another chance after that and I blame Guthrie. Worst thing is I didn't even have a press conference to tell how disappointed I was so he has got away with it. I was also in the top two for the first 43 games before finishing 3rd with 89 pts. Gutted.

Oh well another season in the championship for me but would you like the ability to fine loanees in such cases?

tbh, one of the main reasons i don't loan players is because i can't fine them

but there's not much we can do. what if you loan a player with the parent club paying 100% wages, you can't really fine them in that case

You could approach the parent club and ask them to discipline their employee. Maybe we could at least be able to warn them or perhaps some sort of interaction dialogue that allows me convey my disapointment at his unproffesional behaviour about a specific incident. Maybe I'm just venting my frustration and I'll forget about when the new season starts.

You should be able to discipline a loanee, although fining the player is probably out of the question.

For example, Phil Bardsley was sent home from training after he tackled one of his teammates with excessive force while on loan at Rangers from Manchester United:

It is understood Bardsley was unhappy with criticism from the Rangers manager after his sending-off against Hibernian last month. Matters came to a head when Bardsley defied Le Guen's minimal contact approach to training matches with a heavy tackle on his team-mate Thomas Buffel.

The incident happened shortly after Bardsley, a first-team regular since moving north on a four-month deal in August, had been informed he would not be starting the Uefa Cup match."We will see," was Le Guen's only insight into Bardsley's future. "I decided to send him from the training session," confirmed the manager. "I must do what I think is best for the team and the squad."

A statement from Old Trafford read: "There was an issue but hopefully it will be resolved when Paul Le Guen returns from Italy as Phil is happy to stay at Rangers until the end of December."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/oct/19/newsstory.sport1

This would be great - I had a loanee (David Jarolim) get sent off within 10 seconds (for Wolves vs. City - so it ended up being a thrashing)

He literally flew in 2-footed as soon as they had kicked off.

I ended up terminating his loan.

Archived