Bidding 35.000.000€ for a player, who is valued 4.300.000€ and still not accepted...

I am currently playing with AC Milan in first season and I am trying to sign the young talented winger Alvaro Vadillo from Betis B team.

This guy has a value of 4.300.000€, not even playing in the first team of Betis but still, even though I am offering 7-8* of his value, but Betis constantly not accepting it.

How can I unsettle him? I have praised him the whole time, he is answering positively, but still, I can't sign him...

How do you usually deal with these kind of situation, when you really want to sign that one player, but his team doesn't want to give him away?

Look elsewhere.. if they don't want to sell him they wont sell him at any price unless they have a chairman that steps inn.

Real Betis are actually in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings, so unless there has been a takeover in the OP's game, this is probably a bug.

Real Betis's administrators would have bitten the OP's hand off for €10m.

since he's playing in spain does he have a buy out clause?

42.000.000€ ;)

You would think, when I am bidding 35, I could put 7 more and sign him, but I was just wondering, why they dont accept 30-35.000.000€ even though he's only valued 4.300.000€ and is not even playing for the first team...

not really realistically in my opinion

42.000.000€ ;)

You would think, when I am bidding 35, I could put 7 more and sign him, but I was just wondering, why they dont accept 30-35.000.000€ even though he's only valued 4.300.000€ and is not even playing for the first team...

Well you are wanting to pay that for him.

If he was your player would you sell him for that amount??

42.000.000€ ;)

What are Betis's finances like?

42.000.000€ ;)

Actually, I'd call that entirely realistic. Even if they're not playing the player, why should they accept less than his minimum release clause?

And I personally put zero stock in what the player value is in the player profile. I find that it's more of a public perception value and that the team often has an entirely different value of the player. I look through my squad, and with a couple higher exceptions, most are in the 5-10 mil range. I certainly wouldn't accept that for any of those players. My value is much higher than the game's evaluation.

Does anybody have any success praising players or even declaring interest? I've gotten onto a few peoples fav personnel and declared interest/made a bid and it never seems to make any difference price wise... Even if i praise manager of the team too. The players never get disgruntled and hand in transfer requests. Nor does it make a difference with contract negotiations since its all based on the agent...

Actually, I'd call that entirely realistic. Even if they're not playing the player, why should they accept less than his minimum release clause?

And I personally put zero stock in what the player value is in the player profile. I find that it's more of a public perception value and that the team often has an entirely different value of the player. I look through my squad, and with a couple higher exceptions, most are in the 5-10 mil range. I certainly wouldn't accept that for any of those players. My value is much higher than the game's evaluation.

He's not offering asking price. He's offering 8 times the value. would you accept 40-80 million for those players. absolutely. There's definitely a problem in this game with mad fees for players. A bid of €35m for a young unproven winger?

You can bet your life they'd accept it.

He's not offering asking price. He's offering 8 times the value. would you accept 40-80 million for those players. absolutely. There's definitely a problem in this game with mad fees for players. A bid of €35m for a young unproven winger?

You can bet your life they'd accept it.

In that particular case, I would personally make a counter offer of 42 million. If they're gonna offer 35, I might as well try to get his minimum release clause.

And yes, I have some youngsters I am developing that aren't valued at 5 mil yet that I wouldn't sell for 40 mil, but I have the luxury of being in a good financial position and not having to accept at 8 times their "value".

I'm not making any claims that the AI transfer logic is perfect, I'm just saying there is probably more going on behind the scenes that is causing the OP's issue (my guess being the min fee release clause, Betis is holding out to see if the OP will meet it).

This is probably a case of Betis wanting you to meet the minimum release clause. If you're willing to offer 35 million for a player worth 4.3 million, I think they're willing to wait it out till you add 7 million to that to meet that minimum release clause, and they won't accept anything less.

Real Betis are actually in the middle of bankruptcy proceedings, so unless there has been a takeover in the OP's game, this is probably a bug.

Actually, you would be surprised to learn that before many of you likely even heard of Alvaro Vadillo, he and Real Betis turned down several very lucrative offers (most notably from Fiorentina). Many Spanish clubs are in hefty debt, or suffering financially, but players are assets. If you've got an "asset" others are after, whilst even better, you have established the minimum price... why would you sell for less? :)

Not everything is a bug... but here's one to keep you happy in the meantime...

bug_animated.gif

Even if the club has poor finances, if there's a minimum release clause in the contract of a player and the club don't want to sell for less, then that's what they'll look for in FM. Sometimes a chairman might step in and accept a lower bid, sometimes he won't.

The best thing you can do, is be patient, keep praising the player to establish a relationship. Then keep picking away at the club with different offers over time. I recall doing the same thing with a couple of players. One of them I'd tracked for two seasons, before I eventually landed him.

And I'd laugh if Fiorentina could afford to bid €35m for him, given they only made €4.4m profit last year.

Did they turn down lucrative offers for him? Perhaps. I doubt they'd turn down €35m for him, though.

And the release clause stuff is largely symbolic, especially for non-Spanish clubs: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521983

I signed him for my Leeds team for fairly cheap.

I also signed Gareth Bale for €11m or something. But the previous season I was having bids of over €80m rejected!

Morale of the story - wait til the next transfer window.

You could always try to butter him up and praise him when he's played well for Betis B.

Have you tried loaning him? Sometimes you can loan a player then when you bid for them after that you can get them easy enough.

And I'd laugh if Fiorentina could afford to bid €35m for him, given they only made €4.4m profit last year.

Did they turn down lucrative offers for him? Perhaps. I doubt they'd turn down €35m for him, though.

And the release clause stuff is largely symbolic, especially for non-Spanish clubs: http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=521983

Well, when Atlético Madrid can "afford" to pay €40m for Falcao, whilst owing over €250m in unpaid taxes (amongst other debts), I suppose anything is possible in reality? I've no doubt Betis would also in reality, find a €35m bid hard to refuse for a young player, but then again and as I've suggested (which your linked article corroborates with), in reality a minimum release clause is a starting point for negotiations. It still sets out at what price a club would be willing to enter into negotiations, whilst also establishing that anything less may be met with flat refusal.

Note also that I responded to what you said...

...by providing evidence to suggest the contrary, contained within an article I wrote about the player, for an established and respected website covering Spanish football. You've then moved the goal posts to state:

I doubt they'd turn down €35m for him, though.

...which whilst I would agree that they might accept such and offer in reality, doesn't mean that Betis has to accept such an offer in the game, with an established "starting point" in the game, in the form of the minimum release clause. They might also opt to refuse such an offer in reality too, were there strong interest from other clubs, or simple unwillingness to sell.

Whilst the game may not be accurate every time, your suggestion that "it's a bug" in this case, is flawed. Granted, there are always likely to be bugs or issues somewhere, but your willingness to wade into almost any debate or question raised in threads like these with "it's a bug", is hardly useful or helpful when there are plenty of legitimate reasons and answers, as well as logical solutions. Just because you speculate something is a bug, doesn't always mean it's a bug. :)

Of course, anything you do genuinely believe is a flaw or a bug, you're welcome to raise in the appropriate forum. You should be prepared to back up your claims with solid evidence and a broad margin of error. We are after all, discussing comparisons between "fantasy" and "reality", in a situation like this. The two can be very close, but they can also be poles apart.

Well, when Atlético Madrid can "afford" to pay €40m for Falcao, whilst owing over €250m in unpaid taxes (amongst other debts), I suppose anything is possible in reality? I've no doubt Betis would also in reality, find a €35m bid hard to refuse for a young player, but then again and as I've suggested (which your linked article corroborates with), in reality a minimum release clause is a starting point for negotiations. It still sets out at what price a club would be willing to enter into negotiations, whilst also establishing that anything less may be met with flat refusal.

Given the Spanish government is considering writing off Spanish clubs' debt, much to the annoyance of Germany, I'm not surprised: http://elcentrocampista.com/2012/04/la-ligas-debt-of-success-why-the-germans-arent-laughing/

However, Agüero and De Gea funded Falcao rather comfortably. They might have even made a net profit in this window.

Betis are in bankruptcy, too - more serious than heavily-indebted.

Note also that I responded to what you said...

...by providing evidence to suggest the contrary, contained within an article I wrote about the player, for an established and respected website covering Spanish football. You've then moved the goal posts to state:

Alright, fine, I was wrong about €10m (that blog post states "multi-million offer" - which is vague enough). I'm happy to concede this minor point.

The major and overall point of my view is that Betis, in bankruptcy proceedings, shouldn't really be rejecting €35m for him. It's a ton of money for an unproven talent for a club that has issues running as a going concern. When this happens, you usually start selling assets!

€10m...which whilst I would agree that they might accept such and offer in reality, doesn't mean that Betis has to accept such an offer in the game, with an established "starting point" in the game, in the form of the minimum release clause. They might also opt to refuse such an offer in reality too, were there strong interest from other clubs, or simple unwillingness to sell.

Whilst the game may not be accurate every time, your suggestion that "it's a bug" in this case, is flawed. Granted, there are always likely to be bugs or issues somewhere, but your willingness to wade into almost any debate or question raised in threads like these with "it's a bug", is hardly useful or helpful when there are plenty of legitimate reasons and answers, as well as logical solutions. Just because you speculate something is a bug, doesn't always mean it's a bug. :)

Of course, anything you do genuinely believe is a flaw or a bug, you're welcome to raise in the appropriate forum. You should be prepared to back up your claims with solid evidence and a broad margin of error. We are after all, discussing comparisons between "fantasy" and "reality", in a situation like this. The two can be very close, but they can also be poles apart.

I've never said that Betis "has" to accept the offer.

All I've said that I can't see why a bankruptcy-threatened club would refuse €35m (more than De Gea went for!) for an unproven youngster. If Betis were financially fine, then I would see that offer being refused. But in reality, Betis's fate is in the hands of its creditors, and they would be interested in €35m, which is an absolute ton of money.

Look at Portsmouth and Rangers - there will be a firesale of players and neither of these are in bankruptcy proceedings yet, just administration.

The notion of the release clause is a misnomer anyway. At the top level, how many release clauses are actually met? Very few. The release clause is deliberately set high and as that Sid Lowe article states, is actually a lot less than what needs to be paid (remaining wages not included).

As for evidence... Betis owe €35m to the taxman alone, and its debt is reportedly €84m (http://footballfutbolfitba.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/fighting-back-the-return-of-real-betis/, http://blogs.bettor.com/Achille-Emanas-Real-Betis-to-Al-Hilal-affair-La-Liga-Special-a89640). €35m for an unproven youngster is pretty much common sense, in all honesty.

I do think the prices that some clubs knock back on FM are a bit daft. For me there's 2 issues:

1) The value of the players is just silly - it's not a correct value when you have to pay so much more to buy them. You can argue all you like that it is just a 'guide' or something, but for me it's silly.

2) I've had £70 million bids knocked bad for some players - just plain unrealistic for so many clubs to knock back that sort of money. It should be made that at least the player kicks up a fuzz and demands a transfer (I know this kind of happens sometimes)

Just my 2 cents worth.

Archived