New Rivalries FM 2012

Just a quick question, that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to. So I brought Welling United up to the Premier league from the BSS. As other players have noted, my rivals are now several leagues down (I don't think I've played them in about 8 seasons). Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether new rivalries will develop in FM 2012, or will I have to go in with the editor to set some rivalries up that are more level-appropriate?

Thanks in advance.

Just a quick question, that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to. So I brought Welling United up to the Premier league from the BSS. As other players have noted, my rivals are now several leagues down (I don't think I've played them in about 8 seasons). Does anyone have a definitive answer on whether new rivalries will develop in FM 2012, or will I have to go in with the editor to set some rivalries up that are more level-appropriate?

Thanks in advance.

There is no dynamic rivalry in FM 2012. I hope it will be included in FM 2013. :)

Before you had to, "Donate." FMRTE was handy for editing for legit reasons. Like changing shirts and adding Rivals. That is how I used to do it, on my FM2011 game with HSV had some scrappy encounters with Wolfsburg, just felt it was right to make them a rival. But no, no dymanic rivaliry in FM12. Would be nice to see it included, if tested right.

They'd have to do it right - I'd hate for two teams to become rivals just because one knocked out the other in one or two cup competitions in one season; it should be spaced over a few years before the rivalry develops. It would also be cool if your interactions in the press with other managers could influence rivalries - e.g. if you and another manager keep slagging each other off over several seasons, and your two clubs have similar reputations but weren't previously rivals (say you've turned Dag & Red into a 'Continental' Rep side) then a rivalry could develop.

Take Liverpool and Chelsea, for example - the rivalry there only really developed under Benitez vs Mourinho, when Chelsea became a new threat for the league title but Liverpool kept beating them in the Champions League.

Yes I too want this in the next FM. In FM 2011 my Hednesford team had played Liverpool a whopping 34 times (twice meeting in the two-legged semi of the Carling Cup) whereas they had played Spurs the next most (from what I could gather using the past meetings feature) a paltry 21 times. On top of that we were perennially rivals for the Premier League title, so while it wasn't a rivalry as far as FM was concerned I sure felt it was.

I am playing as York City. Played Man Utd twice in Cup Competition (LC) now each time took them to distance... Beat me on penalties, I want that dynamic rivalry. My other rivals whenever/If ever I play them get really crushed. I wnat someone with a chance of actually beating me

Archived