Has anybody signed Beckham?

Tevez, on the other hand, is usually available for free at the end of his contract (I think it's 2013, if I remember right), and although by then he's getting on a tad, he's flawless. Although, he did break his leg in my save, was out for 8 months, and returned as a mere shadow of his former self. Now I'm stuck paying £140k/week that I can't afford on a player who struggles to get into the final third.

I think he's hardcoded that he'll stay with the Galaxy but the only problem is that they often release him when his contract expires thus leaving him in limbo as such. Found this happens with some other players to which is a tad annoying.

I think he's hardcoded that he'll stay with the Galaxy but the only problem is that they often release him when his contract expires thus leaving him in limbo as such. Found this happens with some other players to which is a tad annoying.

No player is hardcoded to stay with a club.

i have, season 2 with inter, he was out of contract and not at any club, i had managed the GB team in the Olympics and won, i had Beckham in the squad did quite well, i got him to help with tutoring a promising right winger i had signed and also to act as cover, i signed him on a rotation contract.

trouble it he was not that good, a bit to slow to react, much better in the GB team, after a few months just moaned he was not playing enough and wanted to leave.

EDIT - his wage demands were huge if i remember correctly.

So explain why he won't join any other club then?

Wages - He has high expectations

Loyalty - I believe its set fairly high meaning less likely to leave his current club

Reputation - He has a high rep, meaning only clubs with high reps stand a chance of signing him. Problem is he simply isn't good enough for these clubs.

Within FM he simply thinks he is far better & worth more than he actually is.

I signed him last year on a Man Utd save, but his wage demands are indeed too high in light of his (declining) ability. It was more nostalgia than anything else, really.

Archived