Squad morale, not a rant

Hey guys, just thought i'd share and get some thoughts on this as i find morale to affect the game too much and well this time it went kinda well but too unrealistic..

I'm doing a journey savegame with arsenal and for the first time i've managed to build a really really awesome squad without well bankrupting the club, it's 2019 and here's my usually starting team

GK : Ter stegen

DE : Regen

DC : Phil Jones

DC : Regen

DD : Regen

ME : Gotze

MC : Pastore

MC : Wilshere

MD : Regen

FC : Neymar

FC : Aguero

Anyway, back to the point i played man city at home which is at 5º position and it's end of april, (west brom is at 3rd :X) the game started well scoring 2-0 by the 19 minute when suddenly.. team became ********, the match ended 4-4 with 3 players with "error gave away goal" msg, my goalkeeper with a score of 4.9 and a failed penalty, i've said well ok overconfident much u ****?? beat their asses at the end of the game, conference and made a team reunion. Next game was away against tottenham, which is at 7º position, and.. well it was 2-0 by the 9th minute, the game ended up 9-0 for me with all players with a score 8.5+ except the gk.

What are your thoughts on this? i just find it kinda nonsense that an average 4 stars defence had 3 players that made mistakes that gave away goals cuz of their overconfidence and then on the next game the team has 2 hattricks and score 9 goals, i mean overconfidence should affect players but this much? also their response to being bashed was extreme, 9 goals? really?

Again this is not a rant, the 4-4 suited me fine, and winning by 9-0 away was brilliant but overconfidence shouldn't turn awesome players into *******.. what do you guys think?

Overconfidence doesn't, as long as you know how to use it. Generally, before match you should go "I expect a win" general talk, private talks "I have faith" to normal ones and "I expect a performance" to overconfident ones. They tend to perform better then.

Read this when you have some time: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/29092-woifsongs-teamtalk-guide.html

Mate my issue is not with the team talks, what i find astounishing is the weight morale has on the game, a team that won the CL several times and is defending the 1st place at the league enters the games confident that they are gonna win, that shouldn't turn into "oh since we're so good we don't need to play good football" while the AI says "hey good luck!" to their crappy team and they all become messi's. Anyway my point is, it shouldn't weight this much, 3 world class defenders having "mistake caused goal" at the end of the match just because they are overconfident seems odd, and winning against rivals away by 9-0 in response of being bashed by poor performance on the last match seems unreal, just wanted some oppinions see if anyone else has cases like this, not some "you dont know how to use team talks" type of comment as i'm doing pretty good actually, no offense meant, your comments is appreciated but i think you misunderstood the "issue" here.

Archived