how do you set up 4-3-3 formation?

2 centerbacks, 2 wingbacks, 2 box to box, 1 attacking midfielder, 2 inside forwards, 1 deep lying striker

that's how i play it. it's more like a 4-2-1-3 though

That is ridiculously attacking :D

You have the choice of a 2+1 midfield or a 1+2 midfield.

1+2 would be something like Defensive Midfielder (d), Ball Winning Midfielder (s), Advanced Playmaker (s) (you could call that 4-1-4-1). 2+1 would be Central Midfielder (s), Deep Lying Playmaker (s), Attacking Midfielder (a) (you could call that 4-2-3-1).

Essentially, you need to choose duties that a) give you balance and b) suit your players. Don't ask an average passer to be an advanced playmaker, don't ask someone who can't tackle to be a ball winner. Have at least one of your three supporting the front three somehow, but don't have all three doing that. With the front three, all that really matters is what suits them as individuals.

I normally use a 4-1-2-3:

2 full-backs, 2 centre-backs, 1 DM, 2 CM (one Automatic and one Attacking) and 3 STCs (1 Poacher/AF, 1 AF and one DLF). I change the roles depending on the material available for the match.

I mostly use this against better teams when playing away. At home, I tend to use a 4-2-2-2 with AMR/Ls.

Archived