Minor gripe, player interaction

We all know the player interaction feature isn't perfect so I won't report this as a bug, but I've just taken over Macclesfield Town and signed young goalkeeper James Gilpin on a free. He joins and says he particularly can't wait to work alongside Jose Veiga (my current first choice keeper) who, apparently, "it had long been his dream to play in the same side as."

That's an added bonus I thought, he's always wanted to play with Veiga! They'll get along great. I call Veiga in to my office and ask if he'd mind taking the new signing under his wing and mentoring him off the pitch. "Of course," says Veiga, who'd be only too delighted.

So I call the young Gilpin in to the room and ask how he feels about his boyhood hero showing him around the place and developing his skills. "No, I'd rather not," he tells me assertively. Passionately, I say "But he'd be a great influence on you!" and the new signing answers back to me - his new boss!! - with "I stand by what I said. See you later, then."

To his credit, Veiga left the room in good spirits and with his morale having gone up a notch despite the knock-back from the young whippersnapper.

But I'm shocked at Gilpin's attitude having intitally declared he was looking to learn from Veiga. Indeed, the headline in the first news article having signed Gilpin was "Gilpin looks to learn from Veiga", but not all I've got is an unhappy new goalie who says he's "Unhappy at the manager's choice of player to learn from."

BROKEN! Sort it out SI... :)

Archived