Stadium Naming Questions

When you have a new stadium built, when is the name of the stadium announced? Under the facilities tab it says my new stadium is being built and is called Welling Stadium, which is just after the club name? Is the name announced later on, or is this going to be its new name for the future? Welling Stadium sounds a bit rubbish to be fair! Cheers!

I've noticed that when you play a game with fake named players, none of the new stadiums are named after a player. Eventhough a team like Chelsea has icons in their general club page, when they built a new stadium, they still named it Chelsea Stadium. Do you think that is related to the fake-name option? Anyone else experience this?

A small one, but the names should reflect the language. I am managing in Malaga and a new stadium is being built, called "Malaga Stadium". Now even theough I play in English language, the stadium should be at least named "Estadio de Malaga". Malaga Stadium is a bit lame!

Can I edit the new name myself manually easily, anyone know?

A small one, but the names should reflect the language. I am managing in Malaga and a new stadium is being built, called "Malaga Stadium". Now even theough I play in English language, the stadium should be at least named "Estadio de Malaga". Malaga Stadium is a bit lame!

FMRTE, but it does require a donation of 1 euro if you want to use all its features (inc. stadium name change).

I've noticed that when you play a game with fake named players, none of the new stadiums are named after a player. Eventhough a team like Chelsea has icons in their general club page, when they built a new stadium, they still named it Chelsea Stadium. Do you think that is related to the fake-name option? Anyone else experience this?

Fake names were used for new stadium names in FM2011, Arsenal moved from the Emirates to a stadium named after the fake Arsene Wenger in my long term save in that version. Don't know about FM2012 yet.

I agree. I'm playing in Iceland and all the grounds there are (something)vollur so my new HK Stadium is a little out of place. Now I just have to wait at least another 10 years before they decide to build another one.

Archived