Signing Brazil/Argentina Regens

I'm managing Man United.

tried to sign some 14-16years old regens from Brazil/Argentina but they cant move aboard until they are 18... Reloaded and used FMRTE to add 2nd nationality Spain/Portugal but they still cant move to England...

I think i read somewhere that having euros nationality will enable them to move to England before they turn 18? what am i doing wrong here...

I'm managing Man United.

tried to sign some 14-16years old regens from Brazil/Argentina but they cant move aboard until they are 18... Reloaded and used FMRTE to add 2nd nationality Spain/Portugal but they still cant move to England...

I think i read somewhere that having euros nationality will enable them to move to England before they turn 18? what am i doing wrong here...

I use the original version only and there are often Argentine re-gens with Italian passports and they never join until they are 18. I think it's a rule that they can't leave their country until they are 18. You have done nothing wrong.

You're doing nothing wrong.

Unfortunately the game is very rigid on movement of players from countries before they're 18, that have rules in place to specify as such.

In the real world, there's lots of loopholes that clubs can exploit, whereby young players can move, such as their parents gaining "employment" in the country they're moving to.

I'm managing Man United.

They also need to reside in the EU. Fabio and Rafael are good examples, signed for Man United on their 18th birthday, got work permits because they had Portuguese passports.

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to change this feature in the editor, so that you'r able to get the players when they are 14-17?

I don't think you can, but why not wait til their 18? They get a little more experience in their country, I can see why you would want to sign them sooner though if it is because of the Champions League rule of home-grown players.

I'm managing Man United.

I know its an old thread but to answer the question:

They can only move to the EU country of their 2nd nationality before they turn 18yo. So for example a South American player with Italian 2nd nationality can move to Italy before he is 18yo but to go to Spain, France, England etc would have to wait until they turn 18yo.

I don't think you can, but why not wait til their 18? They get a little more experience in their country, I can see why you would want to sign them sooner though if it is because of the Champions League rule of home-grown players.

Exactly I want them when they are 14-15 years old, so I can use them in the Champions as my own products. Ah well, I hope they change this in the next version if it can't be changed throught editor.

Thanks for the help!

Exactly I want them when they are 14-15 years old, so I can use them in the Champions as my own products. Ah well, I hope they change this in the next version if it can't be changed throught editor.

Thanks for the help!

im sure its a real life rule so will be in the next version too.

Could theoretically they be signed for a club of their second nationality at 14, and then sold a year later to a team based somewhere else (Spain for example)?

So an examplar player would have Italy as his second nationality, could he sign for Inter at the age of 14, and then be signed by Barcelona at the age of 15?

Archived