Player interactions - important to know what the player is feeling.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before -

Thinking about this, I am not too sure why it hasn't been implemented already. A couple of my players were subjected to large transfer bids over the years by larger clubs but I always rejected them on the pretext that they are my best players and I need them. It then occurred to me that they player might want to leave, and I know that when they really want to leave, they tell you. But surely it would be worth having a word with them when the initial bid is made and before it is rejected/accepted to find out how they feel about it?

Surely this must be how this is done in real life. Fair enough, there should also be the option to say, 'I'm sorry but you are simply not for sale' to the player but I think It might be a handy inclusion into the game that might help managers keep their players.

Some things do happen when you get a bid for a player. I generally get a request from their agent for an improved contract to which I always say no. This then results in the player wanting a 'chat'. Whilst you don't discuss the offer, you do discuss why they can't have a contract and I normally reply that you need to prove yourself.

Not quite what you were getting at, but not far from it I think.

LAM

Also if a player has been attracting interest it would be good to have the option of asking him whether he wants to stay or talk to the clubs if a good offer comes in, thus saving you from maybe getting an upset player if you reject a bid cause he's a key player but then he wants to talk to club X, regardless of his contract situation.

Archived