FM2008 8.01 (also 8.02) Reserve Fixtures in new game

Guest ldskris

Guest ldskris

After several attempts to start a new game in 8.02 showing Barnet reserve fixtures on Season 1, I decided to totally uninstall and start again.

I have reinstalled FM2008 & the 8.01 update and still get the problem, I can set up Reserve friendlies but there are no league fixtures.

I have Vista Home Premium with AVG Internet Security 8.0.23 Running. I have not used any editors.

Can anyone advise on how I can overcome this problem.

Guest ldskris

After several attempts to start a new game in 8.02 showing Barnet reserve fixtures on Season 1, I decided to totally uninstall and start again.

I have reinstalled FM2008 & the 8.01 update and still get the problem, I can set up Reserve friendlies but there are no league fixtures.

I have Vista Home Premium with AVG Internet Security 8.0.23 Running. I have not used any editors.

Can anyone advise on how I can overcome this problem.

This happened with me when I was Gillingham on the original version of the game.

What I think happens is that your reserve team are automatically not entered into the reserve league. Therefore, you have to wait a full season before they can enter.

Do you know if Barnet reserves are in a league in real life? If not then I'd guess that it's been implemented into the game for them not to start in any league.

Guest ldskris

'grff' - I think Barnet do play in a reserve league. FM2008 does give a full U18's fixture list, so it is logical the reserve fixtures should also be there. Also whilst I accept your point, surely the reserve league option should be offered at the start of a new game.

'brookie 1402' - Prior to this problem I was able to get the reserve fixtures in all three game options. ie: the original, 8.01 & 8.02 updates. It was only when I decided to start a new game that this problem arose. After several attempts in both updates I assumed a file corruption had occurred and went for a total uninstall (including hidden files)/reinstall, but still no joy.

Thanks guys, I appreciate your quick response.

Archived