Down to 8 Men, game continues?

Hey guys, I though there was a rule where if you lose to many men you forfeit the game?

What is that rule? Is it in FM?

I play as Charlton, made my 3 subs early, one due to first injury and all was good at 3-0 up.

Then I got 3 injuries, had 8 men on the pitch, was great!!

wtfcharlton7men.png

A team must have at least 7 players on the field. If they can't field the required number of players, the match is abandoned.

This is the actual rule but this is not coded into FM, so it wouldnt be abandoned in the game.

A team must have at least 7 players on the field. If they can't field the required number of players, the match is abandoned.

The rules is that a team must have 7 players for the game to commence, there is no official rule stating that a game must be abandoned if a team drops below that number once the match has kicked off.

There was a cup game in real life which was abandoned wasn't there. Red card and injuries took their toll. Was it Sheffield United a few years ago?

There was a cup game in real life which was abandoned wasn't there. Red card and injuries took their toll. Was it Sheffield United a few years ago?

Yes. That fool Warnock asked players to feign injury to get the match abandoned. He deserves what he gets irl

FIFA rule states (according to my German rule book): A team has to have seven players (one of them the designated goalkeeper) to start a game. An additonal interpretation of the rule says that a referee should (!) abandon the match, if one team is reduced to six or even less players due to injuries or sent offs. However, the referee needs to have the permission of the captain of that team and that team cannot have the lead in the game. Theoretically, a team can be reduced to only one player during a game: the goalkeeper.

It happens in real life too (even though they STARTED with eight) :)

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/29042012/2/leiria-field-eight-players-mass-resignations.html

Yeah. Most of the players resign because they weren't earning their salaries. Only the loaned players and one or two more players played. Leiria didn't played with 9 because one of the players left with 6.000 €... But in the professional leagues there are at least 10 teams from 32 have unpaid wages. Unfortunetly is what's happening in Portugal...

Hey guys, I though there was a rule where if you lose to many men you forfeit the game?

What is that rule? Is it in FM?

I play as Charlton, made my 3 subs early, one due to first injury and all was good at 3-0 up.

Then I got 3 injuries, had 8 men on the pitch, was great!!

in real life Roma played Fiorentina and had 3 red cards in one match. play still went on

This is the actual rule but this is not coded into FM, so it wouldnt be abandoned in the game.

It was in CM01/02.

I remember playing a league match with my Billericay Town side hosting Aston Villa. Villa had three men sent off and then used their final sub replacing an injured player. With 66 minutes on the clock and Billericay 4-0 up Villa had another man sent off, reducing them to six men and the game was abandoned and I was awarded victory.

I've never seen a team go down to six men since despite having every version of the game.

I also had a league game abandoned on the same version and save save due to a blizzard. I was leading at the time and lost the rearranged fixture.

I've watched a game where there were multiple red cards and possibly injuries and one of the teams may have even gone down to 5 players. Not surprisingly they were pumped...

MH6eF.png

It was only 6.

3 sent off in the 66th min LOL

Archived