Urgent HELP. Contract Crises :(

I have had some very successful past few seasons. Suddenly I have a contract crisis. 4 of my 1st team whose contracts are up at the end of the season are refusing to even talk. 12 other players contracts are up at the end of next season are all so refusing talk. That's 9 first team or key players. 16 of my 26 senior players.

I have money to give them what they want but they just won't talk. Alot of them talk about finding a bigger club.

Should I sell them all and rebuild?

Do you have a choice? It happens when you get successful and they play well, but the team reputation hasn't caught up to the success. Get whatever money you can, you will surely be able to replace them.

Wait a while and they will negotiate with you.

Yes, good point. If they don't have any teams coming in for them, they start to get more flexible as their contract end date approaches. If there a few you can't live with, take a chance not selling and hope they will re-sign in April or May.

Depends, if they're important than just keep them to keep your team strong and take the hit of not getting anything at the end of the season (unless the money would be useful), and some might reconsider later.

I have had some very successful past few seasons. Suddenly I have a contract crisis. 4 of my 1st team whose contracts are up at the end of the season are refusing to even talk. 12 other players contracts are up at the end of next season are all so refusing talk. That's 9 first team or key players. 16 of my 26 senior players.

I have money to give them what they want but they just won't talk. Alot of them talk about finding a bigger club.

I'm curious too, what happened that caused this? I mean even with ambitious players they usually tell me first that they want to move on, at which point I promise them the club's reputation will be increased (and I think they hold on to the promise until the start of next season and if the club rep does increase within the year then they will stay)... I never had a problem with players simply not wanting to renegotiate without telling me first if there's a problem...

As to what to do now well the advice from the previous replies are good, you just need to balance out between waiting out to try to offer contract later on and selling them... both of them have their own risk, it's a judgment call I'm afraid... gl xD

Wait a while and they will negotiate with you.
Yes, good point. If they don't have any teams coming in for them, they start to get more flexible as their contract end date approaches. If there a few you can't live with, take a chance not selling and hope they will re-sign in April or May.

The problem is that the longer I leave it the less money I get.

tbh if that many players are not interested in staying under your management you should consider treating them better.. ;)

Do any of them have any problems of any sort?

I have never had an issue with them. I looking at their profile they all say they are happy. The only thing some of them have is desire to move to a bigger club.

what month are you in? if before january then worth trying to sell a few of them as you don't want to lose too many of them for free and as dr hook says wait a while and hope they don't have anyone interested

I am playing the Irish league which is a summer season. The added complication is that I am currently in January and the Euro Champ League only allow 1 change in Jan. I reached the final last year and I am hoping to win it this year. However losing alot of my best palyers now will destroy any chance I have of winning.

I'm curious too, what happened that caused this? I mean even with ambitious players they usually tell me first that they want to move on, at which point I promise them the club's reputation will be increased (and I think they hold on to the promise until the start of next season and if the club rep does increase within the year then they will stay)... I never had a problem with players simply not wanting to renegotiate without telling me first if there's a problem...

As to what to do now well the advice from the previous replies are good, you just need to balance out between waiting out to try to offer contract later on and selling them... both of them have their own risk, it's a judgment call I'm afraid... gl xD

A few of the players have wanted to move to a bigger club but I managed to put them off the idea by saying I want to increase the club reputation. The reputation has increased every year but it is obviously not enough.

Contract crises solved. After winning the the Champions League most of the players renewed under long term contracts. The rest followed over the next year. I lost one player beacuase no matter how times I tried to renew (& the player accepted) I failed to get a work permit.

Imho this should happen a lot more often in FM.

If you are overachieving and/or have signed great potential youngsters who have now developed and became too big for the small club you are, it's usually way too easy to keep those players.

I agree that if it was as harsh as irl, then it would take away quite some of the game's fun which is often due to being able to build a club through the ranks in a way which irl is very rare at least. But still the game could do with at least some more realism here.

As far as your issue is concerned, if you really cannot get your players to sign, you should seriously consider selling them on before they leave on free transfers. More specifically you should also do that with the guys whose contracts expire one year later as in the summer it's easier to find replacements on free transfers.

Archived