[LOANS] NPOWER2 - Can't buy a player from Croatia because of permits but I can LOAN?

How exactly do player loans work?! I'm confused.

I am currently playing in the Npower League 2. My scouting is restricted to UK & Ireland no matter how many times I ask the board. The club got recently taken over my a Croatian chairman.

Croatian players require a work permit to work in England. Every time I ask my assistant for a list of loanee's it's filled with about 60% Croatian players. I always ignored these players because I figured they needed a work permit and the loan happen.

For some random reason I just decided to double check and accepted every single croatian player back from the loanee list.

They're all accepted. What the heck?! How are they allowed to work in the UK without a work permit on loan but if you want to buy you need a work permit? What rule am I missing???? :confused:

They still need international clearance even if you accept the loan deal, which more than likely won't be granted. Are the loan deals actually going through with the players arriving at your club, or have you just accepted them & awaiting confirmation?

No idea. Didn't Donovan need a WP for his loan to Everton? If so, I can't think why. Perhaps it's just to save hassle?

Donocan would always meet the requirements for a work permit as he plays just about all the US national team's matches so i doubt that could shed light into the OP's question.

I've also go no clue mate sorry.

I am more curious as to why Bulgarians and Romanians still need a WP in UK when they are part of EU quite a few years ago.

Because it is true in real life, despite being part of the EU, persons from these two countries do require work permits to work in the UK.

Archived