Harpenden Town - Lead a small club to glory!

The Harpenden Town team thread in the Good Player + Team Guide

Club Badge

Download the database from here - MediaFire

To download the file:

1. Open the link above

2. Press the 'Download Now' button, above the information

3. When the option box appears, select 'save'

4. Save the database to "C:, (Your Name), My Documents, Sports Interactive, Football Manager 2008, db, New Club, (database file here)

5. Wait for the file to download fully.

6. You can then select the database to use, and start a new game as usual from the Football Manager opening screen.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Real Life Information

Harpenden Town Football Club is a football club based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. It was established in 1891 and was the founding member of the Herts County League in 1898. Harpenden Town play their home matches at Rothampsted Park. Harpenden Town is nicknamed 'The Harps', and the chairman of Harpenden Town is Brian Hicks. They are currently playing in the Spartan South Midlands League.

Football Manager information

On the save file, I moved Harpenden Town to the Conference South. Their bank balance is about £995k, but as they are an amateur club, they have not transfer or wage budget. Their stadium is as real life, Rothampsted Park, but it is expanded, with a capacity of 5000, 2458 seated. To hand I can’t remember what the expansion limit is, but it was somewhere in the region of 25,000

To make the game more of a challenge, I also used the editor to remove all players from Harpenden Town, and left them with just youth players. All but two youth players start in the First Team Squad. There are three members of staff - an assistant manager, a coach, and a physio. There is no manager, so yours will be the first in Harpenden Town’s Football Manager history!

There is also a player who I created in the editor, called Ben Harper, who can play either ML or ST. He has a current ability of 45, but a huge PA of 185. It will be a huge challenge to firstly get him up to his potential, but secondly to keep the bigger clubs away. Harper is just 14 years old, so he has a lot of time to fulfil his potential. As soon as you achieve part-time status you should tie him down, as amateur players can leave the club for free at any time.

Harpenden has two fierce rivals, MK Dons and Luton Town. Harpenden also has one affiliated club, Watford. Watford is obviously the parent club, and may choose to loan Harpenden players. There is also an agreement to play an annual friendly.

I have cancelled out all records, so you will get a lot of records broken. Despite me deleting all records in the editor(from the club I turned into Harpenden Town), there are still two different records that have stayed. These are ‘League appearances’ and ‘League Goals’. Both of these are very low though, and should be broken in the first season.

The Challenge

The main aim of the game is to get yourself towards world domination, eventually becoming the best team in England(Premier League), Europe(Champions League), and the Club World Championships(World).

Also, finishing as high as possible in your certain league is a major part of the challenge.

And finally...

I hope that many people download this database, and enjoy playing as Harpenden Town. I like to think DiscoStu and myself are very helpful in the team guide.

It will be a challenge, but also be great fun, so why not give it a go?!

Good luck, and remember to share your experiences in here!

To post screenshots in the Harpenden Town thread

1. While in FM, press the 'Prt Sc' button (usually next to F12 on your keyboard).

2. Open an image editing program such as Paint and paste the image

3. Save the file as a JPEG

4. Upload the image to an image hosting website such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.com

5. Post the direct URL to the image on here.

Archived