Loaning player to boost affiliate possible?

For the last 2 years or so I've been asking my board for a club to loan out my player to, and every single time they give me either an L1 or L2 team to choose when what I need is a championship team (I have Maccabi Haifa and Standard Liège as an affiliate too, but I rather have a championship team as an option too) so I finally pick a L2 team when my board presented me with the choice the last time I asked.

(I forgot to mention that I don't activate L1 and L2 in my game btw xD) I read somewhere that in non-active league, the computer look at a team's reputation in deciding which club goes up to an active league by the end of the season so my question is if I throw some of my good youth player down to my L2 team will it help them go up to, eventually, championship league? Loaning out good youth to L2/L1 is probably going to mess their progression considerably but I'm willing to do it if it means I can have a championship affiliate :p, but tbh I don't even know if it could work... anyone have any experience with this?

You should have chosen a L1 team. The only promotion that happens outside of the leagues that you have loaded is teams getting promoted into the lowest league you have loaded. So, because you have the Championship as the lowest loaded league, at the end of each season some teams in the L1 will get promoted into the Championship. The likelihood of each team getting promoted is based on reputation as you have said. Thus, I doubt loaning players to a L1 team will increase their chance of promotion beyond that which their reputation already has them at - matches in non-loaded leagues aren't simulated.

In summary, you should have chosen a L1 team. It should have been the highest reputation L1 team available, as that will determine how likely they are to be promoted into the Championship, loaning your youngsters to them will not.

For the last 2 years or so I've been asking my board for a club to loan out my player to, and every single time they give me either an L1 or L2 team to choose when what I need is a championship team (I have Maccabi Haifa and Standard Liège as an affiliate too, but I rather have a championship team as an option too) so I finally pick a L2 team when my board presented me with the choice the last time I asked.

(I forgot to mention that I don't activate L1 and L2 in my game btw xD) I read somewhere that in non-active league, the computer look at a team's reputation in deciding which club goes up to an active league by the end of the season so my question is if I throw some of my good youth player down to my L2 team will it help them go up to, eventually, championship league? Loaning out good youth to L2/L1 is probably going to mess their progression considerably but I'm willing to do it if it means I can have a championship affiliate :p, but tbh I don't even know if it could work... anyone have any experience with this?

Even if you did have L1 and L2 loaded, you wouldn't be able to drag your affiliate into the Champions League, as affiliations are automatically cancelled when your feeder club gets into the same division as you.

After a while your board will often say they trust you enough to pick your own club.

Also, why not activate League 1 and 2 during the game? Then you can at least see which teams are more likely to get promoted.

Even if you did have L1 and L2 loaded, you wouldn't be able to drag your affiliate into the Champions League, as affiliations are automatically cancelled when your feeder club gets into the same division as you.

This actually isn't true.

Ok, so explain to me why, when Burnley, my affiliate, were promoted to the Premiership, I received a news item that said my affiliation had been cancelled due to us now playing in the same division. Thanks for trying, now GTFO.

Ok, so explain to me why, when Burnley, my affiliate, were promoted to the Premiership, I received a news item that said my affiliation had been cancelled due to us now playing in the same division. Thanks for trying, now GTFO.

Because your were now in the same division AND your reputations were too similar. I've been in the second tier and promoted and kept my link with the parent club because they were way more reputable. I've also been in the top flight and my feeder club has been promoted into the same division and the link wasn't cancelled. So to say that the link is automatically cancelled is wrong. It is not. If you don't believe me, do a search of the forums. Then GTFO.

That's from 2008. Maybe it was the case back then. I never said the link will not be cancelled, often it will be, but it is not always. See, for instance, the Football Manager wiki: http://www.footballmanagerwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Affiliated_Clubs

"It should be noted however that if the feeder club manages to get promotion into the same division that the parent club plays in, the link may be terminated, so the choice must be taken with care. "

As I said, I know from personal experience that the link is not "automatically" cancelled.

EDIT: Read post 8 of the thread you linked me. Club promoted into the premier league and the link wasn't cancelled. Thanks for proving me right.

Archived