National Team Team Report (everybody 5 stars ??)

Just took over at Paraguay and aparently my assistant thinks i have roughly 40 guys with 5 star ability to choose from ... Anybody experinced this as well ?

Nothing really wrong with that.

A club has a much smaller player base to pick from so for an International team you will always get far more players at all levels of stars.

Thinking back to the last nation I managed which was Uruguay most players in my squad were 4*+ from a national pool of just over 100 players.

Nothing really wrong with that.

A club has a much smaller player base to pick from so for an International team you will always get far more players at all levels of stars.

Thinking back to the last nation I managed which was Uruguay most players in my squad were 4*+ from a national pool of just over 100 players.

and you say there´s nothing wrong with that ? The star ratings at clubs are dependend on the league you are in, i.e. how sufficient are the players for the competition you face. So with a national team it should be the same, no ?

If my club team had theese same star ratings i were guaranteed to win the league by a big, big margin and likely be the best team in the world. I mean, Paraguay just finished 7th in the qualification, my assistant shouldn´t claim that i have 20 or so players of the highest calibre and 40 that would be leading players.

It´s just plain useless if i have to choose a 23 man squad and my assistant claims that 40 guys are 4 to 5 stars when there are massive difference between the players. For example my various club scouts (at Feyenoord) rate a certain paraguay player (all AMCs) as having between 1 and 1,5 ability, another 2 and 2,5 stars, another at 3,5 to 4 and another having 4,5 to 5 stars (so that´s the entire spectre available) , my NT assistant however has them (in the same order) as 4 / 4,5 / 4,5 / 5 stars.

Club Team = 25 players, maybe one or two 5*

Country = many thousand players to pick from, about 40 odd 4*+

Seems about right to me.

really now ? It should tell me the quality of the players relative to each other. The players in question are NOT 4 star players (i´m paraguay, not Brazil).

My 6th best GK still gets rated 4 stars and "an important player for Paraguay" and my backup U20 keeper (who my club scout has at 1 star ability compared to 4,5 for my starter) aparently "would be a quality player for Paraguay" (that´s current ability, not potential) even though he has most important ratings at 9-11.

Come on now

I also just checked how it looks for other National teams, club squads for Germany, Brazil and other top teams you´ll have 2 star player in the squad as well as 4+ star player, but it is equally weird for other smaller teams.

So my guess is that the game looks at the Nation reputation rather than the quality you´d need to reach your goals.

I suspect it is the result of a low league reputation for the nation. I think that is what determines the star rating. So you end up with loads of 4 star and above rated players if they are playing in leagues better rated than the country's domestic league. I'm experiencing something similar managing Croatia, with majority of my pool of 40+ players rated 4 and above. I understand your frustration as it becomes difficult to differentiate players using star rating and the feature becomes useless. Manged Singapore once and basically everyone was 4.5 or 5 lol.

How long has the assistant/or coaches been there? Does national management in FM12 use 'club knowledge', ie. has the assistant been there long enough to recognise the differences in quality between the players.

I can't comment too much as I have not managed a nation in FM12. I had no problems managing Spain, Italy and Scotland in Fm10/11, the player ratings seemed appropriate.

playing around a bit with fmrte it´s definitely the reputation. If i up that, the report grades get lower and overall more stretched out and thus more usefull.

Basically it doesn´t work for low reputation nations (say, anything below 7000). Well, actually it does work as intended by the game, it´s just not very helpfull at all.

Basically the game sees "6000 reputation" and goes by that and doesn´t acount for the fact that a 6000 reputation National Team has a a more quality player pool than a 6000 quality club team.

Is this FM 'doing a Cyberdyne'? I have a Brazilian regen in my game called Marinho :) labelled the next Ronaldo...so you have a hell of a future to look forward to, probably best to eat less as you pass 30 though.

Archived