Getting Rid

Guys

Whats the best way to get rid of high earning players that no one will take . I have kevin nolan at West ham who is on 50k a week .I have offered him away for free and offered him for loan but no one will touch him . I had a interaction with him and used agressive tone to ask him to terminate his contract but no joy .

Can anyone Help

cheers Gulp

There's usually not a lot you can do. He's obviously earning a lot more than he could possibly get anywhere else and the other clubs know it, so they won't even consider bidding for him.

Just like Tal Ben Haim, who could be earning around £35k p/w in League 1 next season :(

Dafuge is spot on. You're stuck.

Leave his asking price at £0, and keep offering him out at that all through every transfer window (or every week all year if you want).

Put him in the Yth squad as well. :D That pees them off so might max out chance he accepts moves....but you need some other team to make the offer obviously.

In Italy I've been able to move older players on. conditional on me paying part of their salary, so they don't have to take a pay cut when they move. I do it when I've got better rotation/backup players, so the veterans wouldn't get any games at all.

Your unfortunately stuck with him until his contract expires unless you want to try the Man city fix suggested above. This 'fix' will also work with clubs like Barcelona & Madrid as well.

Irl in these cases there would be quite a few clubs which are interested in him, but unable to pay for his salary in the requested amount. They would then still come up with an offer within their economic means and the player (or rather his agent) would then come back to you and ask whether you would pay for the difference in order to complete a deal.

I know that's in the game as well, but it should occur a lot more regularly than it does. Surely most CCC clubs would love to have Nolan on their team and at least ask whether you would give him away for saving a chunk of his salary.

Archived