Corners

Basically I'm getting loads of goals from Corners. I'm not using the corner bug, I don't even know how to use this corner bug.

My tactic is to have the corner taker kick to the near post and have your best aerial player go for the near post flick on. Then I have a small guy going for Challenge GK and then my second best aerial player stand on the far postt.

The guy on the near post gets loads of goals.

I wouldn't call this cheating because I came up with this idea. I also don't think it's fair I change my tactic cause I came up with it.

What do you think?

Basically I'm getting loads of goals from Corners. I'm not using the corner bug, I don't even know how to use this corner bug.

My tactic is to have the corner taker kick to the near post and have your best aerial player go for the near post flick on. Then I have a small guy going for Challenge GK and then my second best aerial player stand on the far postt.

The guy on the near post gets loads of goals.

I wouldn't call this cheating because I came up with this idea. I also don't think it's fair I change my tactic cause I came up with it.

What do you think?

Same here- its an absolute joke. Micah Richards is my top goalscorer.

Annoying thing is that some told SI that this issue wasnt related to just putting a player on the keeper but they chose to whitewash over or ignore this.

Theyve taken us for mugs with FM08 leaving things in like this- especially after waiting for 3 months for an acceptable patch.

I accidentally made Adailton (the one born in 1984) my leading scorer.

It's annoying and it's not cheating since I've used my own created tactic with no challenge GK. I used this tactic for every team I've managed, and my leading scoring defender gets 8-10 goals at most. It's unrealistic to see a defender score 31 goals in 34 games with 2 hat-tricks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

Are you complaining about it?

If you are - change your corner tactic \o/

I do use the Corner Bug, but only because without it I'd never win!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the post- its not THAT corner bug.

icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PoopyPants:

I do use the Corner Bug, but only because without it I'd never win!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, I meant that I set up my corner tactic to what I normally do but set my corner aim to mixed. I hardly ever scored.

So I used THE corner bug.

I'm not complaining, it's just Adailton never scores on a corner in the CL first knockout stage. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SCIAG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by George Graham:

icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, surely it is? I thought the corner bug was to have it aimed at near post and have someone do a near post flick on, with a player of far post in case he misses? I know it works better with someone challenging the keeper... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, THE corner bug is where you have a really strong, excellent header on the keeper.

If there is indeed another one then seriously WTF? It kind of narrows your options for corners to 2:

1) "Cheat" and score all the time.

2) Dont "cheat" and rarely score.

What a complete and utter joke FM08 is- if SIs attitude is that if we're unhappy then we shouldnt use one of two "exploits" which are in fact really just legit corner routines then they are taking the mick.

Disgrace this hasnt been fixed.

well i don't know what it is either, but i've had a reasonalbe, not unrealistic, amount of goals from corners. much more than usual, probably 1 every 3 games from various players.

i agree with George Graham, it's pathetic that this exploit has been left in the game. it makes me laugh when people boast about their sucess and their top scorer is a defender. it's a game, people can play how they want to, but discovering this by accident like the OP takes the fun out of career games.

OK, thought this would be the best place to ask seeing as your all talking about corners:

How do i set where to aim the corner? I remember doing it on previous versions, but I just cant find it here, lol.

Tired of my Corners being aimed to players who cant head.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stomalomalus:

OK, thought this would be the best place to ask seeing as your all talking about corners:

How do i set where to aim the corner? I remember doing it on previous versions, but I just cant find it here, lol.

Tired of my Corners being aimed to players who cant head. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In team tactics you have "corner aim" which can be to 6-yard box, or more generally to "penalty area" or other places. You then position your most appropriate players into the aim area. You can choose different tactics based on which side of the pitch you are aiming from.

On a more general note on this thread, when people over-react about minor details in the game it really makes me wonder if those people get out enough or are just too young/immature to understand how much goes into making a game like this. "disgrace" and "complete and utter joke" are some of many examples spead across the forums that show this time and again.

I can't defend every fault with the game, but I can bite my tongue, take a breath, and find a workaround. The FM series will never be perfect, so if it's perfection you expect you'd be best off not buying FM09 at all.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by backpackant:

On a more general note on this thread, when people over-react about minor details in the game it really makes me wonder if those people get out enough or are just too young/immature to understand how much goes into making a game like this. "disgrace" and "complete and utter joke" are some of many examples spead across the forums that show this time and again.

I can't defend every fault with the game, but I can bite my tongue, take a breath, and find a workaround. The FM series will never be perfect, so if it's perfection you expect you'd be best off not buying FM09 at all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, and Yes icon14.gif People do over react to problems. Ye SI could have tested a bit better and found these faults, but the game is, despite some faults, the best FM game ever. And FM is the best football managemnet game ever! With improvements there are bound to be some glitches - have a look at Arsenals constant transformations!

Archived