Work Permits - there has to be an easier way!

Really getting my back up now.

Work permits.

I'm struggling on my game to keep Coventry in the prem but I have some fantastic youth players out on loan at a feeder club.

1 of them scores for fun.

So I try to get the permit, I offer him a very good deal as I'm sure its a done deal.....nop.

Wack, now got a player on silly money considering he can't bloody play for me for at least another 6-12 months.

So why on earth do we have to offer a new contract to attempt to get a work permit?

Several clubs over the years have signed players that need these but they don't offer contract after contract to attempt to get the blaster WP.

They just loan out and make another application for it.

So, why can't this be done in game?!

I don't know, but I find the system frustrating enough that this is one of the few situations I'm fine to reload on. If it's not possible to get a work permit independantly, should at least be able to withdraw a contract offer and leave the player on the old one if the work permit isnt approved.

So cheat.

No ty.

Not cheating. It doesnt give either the human or the AI an advantage. The whole work permit issue is down to politics anyway. So what is cheating about dreaming of a world where we may seek employment in any of the 4 corners of this wonderful planet?

Not cheating. It doesnt give either the human or the AI an advantage. The whole work permit issue is down to politics anyway. So what is cheating about dreaming of a world where we may seek employment in any of the 4 corners of this wonderful planet?

Removing parameters that the game has, is cheating.

Your giving yourself an advantage to sign the best young players that would norm need to have need of a WP. If that’s not cheating, I guess you don’t mind giving ur teams extra cash or making a player a wonder kid with an in game editor.

Plain and simple, it is cheating removing something that is even there in real life.

Problem really is - you can't get a work permit for a player unless you're a high-rep club playing in Europe.

I am currently playing as Leeds and got them to the Premiership. I tried to sign a 17 year old from Mexico. But he was denied a work permit.

I tried several other players, from Brazil, Argentina etc. from ages of 16 - 21 and all their work permits were rejected.

A couple of seasons later I was in the Champions League - keep in mind every season prior to this I tried to sign the 17 year old from Mexico - all work permits denied.

Low and behold, in the Champions League, the player is 20 and he gets a Work Permit first time - a long with several other targets I had attempted to sign before.

As well as this I had no issue signing players that were 15 from Brazil - with them joining when they are 18.

Seems weird that you have to be playing Champions League football for a Work Permit to be allowed.

Problem really is - you can't get a work permit for a player unless you're a high-rep club playing in Europe.

I am currently playing as Leeds and got them to the Premiership. I tried to sign a 17 year old from Mexico. But he was denied a work permit.

I tried several other players, from Brazil, Argentina etc. from ages of 16 - 21 and all their work permits were rejected.

A couple of seasons later I was in the Champions League - keep in mind every season prior to this I tried to sign the 17 year old from Mexico - all work permits denied.

Low and behold, in the Champions League, the player is 20 and he gets a Work Permit first time - a long with several other targets I had attempted to sign before.

As well as this I had no issue signing players that were 15 from Brazil - with them joining when they are 18.

Seems weird that you have to be playing Champions League football for a Work Permit to be allowed.

I would guess it is the reputations and CA of the players which has increased, not your club. As Forest in the Prem I signed a US youth striker with no caps and got a provisional permit - but he got it as his CA was about 120 which is huge for an 18 year old. This at a time Forest has just gotten back into the Prem and had no Europe commitmants. But I've signed other players such as a Japanese youth GK with a couple of caps but a National reputation and a CA of abotu 111 - and I got no permit.

As I say - I can now sign players from Brazil that are 15 and they join the club when they are 18.

Nothing to do with their CA or PA - just the reputation of my club has increased.

That seems to be the only variable.

Removing parameters that the game has, is cheating.

Your giving yourself an advantage to sign the best young players that would norm need to have need of a WP. If that’s not cheating, I guess you don’t mind giving ur teams extra cash or making a player a wonder kid with an in game editor.

Plain and simple, it is cheating removing something that is even there in real life.

This is nonsense. The best young players get permits anyway.

The EU is a political construct. Why should a Brazilian need a WP and not an Italian? If you want artificial restrictions on player movement thats up to you.

BTW..its only 'realistic' in the short term as political circumstances change all the time. We just dont know what labor law will be in 2015 say. And as I said all clubs have a shot at all players if they are scouted. It is nothing like adding more cash or editing players.

Why should a Brazilian need a WP and not an Italian? If you want artificial restrictions on player movement thats up to you.

Thats hitting the nail on the head...no wait its adding fuel to my arguement.

A Brazilian is well in Brazil and not part of the EU and hense not covered under the EUROPEAN act of human rights which states a person from a member state of the EU can not have his her work restricted as long as that person holds a passport from a member state.

You sir, are a cheat and a clown.

Thats hitting the nail on the head...no wait its adding fuel to my arguement.

A Brazilian is well in Brazil and not part of the EU and hense not covered under the EUROPEAN act of human rights which states a person from a member state of the EU can not have his her work restricted as long as that person holds a passport from a member state.

You sir, are a cheat and a clown.

You know neither what a cheat nor a clown is. And you misspelled hence.

Its only cheating if you give yourself an unfair advantage. Making the world EU for the sake of a more fluid transfer market isnt cheating.

Also let me explain this so even you can get your little head around it. The EU is solely a political construct. To allow free transfer of players inside this zone and deny the same right to nations outside of it is discriminatory. And makes for a more frustrating and boring game.

You know what - it's a game. Some people go for realism. Some people go for fun. Some people go for a bit of both.

If some people want to use the editor to enhance their ideal vision of a global footballing community - Socrates said it best himself

"I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world"

:D

C'mon guys.

I like your idea and general view of the world Baba, but being an arse about it isn't going to help.

Why don't you lobby the EU (and every other country for that matter) to break down these barriers? It would make life so much easier for all.

Also let me explain this so even you can get your little head around it. The EU is solely a political construct. To allow free transfer of players inside this zone and deny the same right to nations outside of it is discriminatory. And makes for a more frustrating and boring game.

I don't need to get my 'little head' around anything - we're discusing a game.

What you opinion on politics wasn't what we were talking about.

Removing parameters ie the WP in game is cheating, that is plain and simple.

By doing so, you give yourself an advantage over the computer - SIMPLES!

What I said to begin with about the fact u can't re-apply for a WP other than offering a new contract was the problem.

So yes, u are both a cheat and a clown.

There is no advantage over the computer though - you haven't hamstrung the computer as the AI can make the buys without work permit restrictions too.

That would be true if the AI was as good as the player at transfers, but in reality who is going to make better use of the ability to sign lesser known non-EU players, the player or the AI?

That would be true if the AI was as good as the player at transfers, but in reality who is going to make better use of the ability to sign lesser known non-EU players, the player or the AI?

But this is where the human player should only find players using his or her scouts.

Play as a Spanish club... suffer none of this work permit nonsense. Problem solved. :)

African players count as EU players due to the Cotonou Agreement, whilst South American players get Spanish citizenship after two years. :thup:

You could say the same thing if they didn't change the game at all:

"Who would make better advantage of buying lesser known EU players, the player or the AI?"

Play as a Spanish club... suffer none of this work permit nonsense. Problem solved. :)

African players count as EU players due to the Cotonou Agreement, whilst South American players get Spanish citizenship after two years. :thup:

Ah but then you sign 4 FGN players and have to leave one out of the club team for two seasons lol.

It's ok if they're young as you can stick them in the U19s. But I sometimes forget about the 3only FGN player rule and then have a difficult choice to make lol :)

What now makes me laugh is, the player in question I wanted so badly to play, comes back in the Jan with his 2nd nat.

Plays 'decent', I finish top half and win the Uefa cup.

Spurs and Real.Madrid come sniffing and I lose out on his services for the new season as they 'steal' (Spurs) him for 13 mil.

As a smaller club, I do hate players insisting on min fees.

Just hope spurs don't do the dirty again on the reaplcement I got for him all tho, for 22 mil, they can have him as I have a string of youth strikers now :)

You could say the same thing if they didn't change the game at all:

"Who would make better advantage of buying lesser known EU players, the player or the AI?"

Except you can't buy them if they don't get a work permit (well you obviously can but they can't play, which is basically the same as not buying them). My point is that removing transfer restrictions increases the already considerable advantage the player has over the AI in transfer dealings.

the AI find these players as well.

depends where you are buying from. some countrys will join the EU so the work permit restriction will go away.

if an african player has appeared for his country then there is a good chance of a work permit being granted.

Archived