Tutoring youth players

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure wether this is the right place to ask my questions. (if not, please link me to the right place)

I'd like to apologise for my english, but it's not my mother language.

I've been reading/searching for hours now. Especially concerning tutoring youth players.

A new world opened to me about hidden attributes, personality, and so on...

For example: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test

I have no idea where those numbers stand for and how to make an interpretation of those things.

Could someone give me some more detailed explanation please? Much appreciated!

And now the second part: which of those attributes/personalities give a successful match for tutor/tutee?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure wether this is the right place to ask my questions. (if not, please link me to the right place)

I'd like to apologise for my english, but it's not my mother language.

I've been reading/searching for hours now. Especially concerning tutoring youth players.

A new world opened to me about hidden attributes, personality, and so on...

For example: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/213536-Tutoring-results-test

I have no idea where those numbers stand for and how to make an interpretation of those things.

Could someone give me some more detailed explanation please? Much appreciated!

And now the second part: which of those attributes/personalities give a successful match for tutor/tutee?

Thank you!

Well since you linked to my post on the subject, I should try to explain some of it :D

Can you give me an example of what numbers you don't understand, and I will be happy to try and help out.

There is no personality that si certain to work out. I think there is a lot of randomness in whether a matching of tutor and tutee works. But I do believe that some personalities clash less often than others. But I have no proof of this. It is just a gut feeling.

Basically what I do, it find a tutor who has higher attributes in the areas that I want the tutee to improve in. Then try and pair them, and hope for the best.

The thread you linked to is for FM10, so things might have changed somewhat, but I doubt it has changed very much when it comes to whether personalities clash or not. The attribute change seems to have been reduced somewhat from FM10 to FM12. You could get some massive changes in just one tutoring session in FM10. Seems to be less so in FM12.

For example: I've a 19yr old Brazilian (Neto) scouted and signed over.

His report states:

Sidnei Lobo (ass man) believes Neto is as professional as they come.

Sidnei Lobo believes that you have a highly ambitious squad and feels Neto is having to do a lot of adapting to fit in.

Further no real weaknesses.

Media comparison: labelled the next Paulo Assuncao

Media handling style: level-headed

(he also got a red card last game for agressive behaviour. Therefore I gave him a fine. (1week he did have to pay)

In game: Neto has accepted that he deserved his fine for violent conduct. He has indicated a willingness to control his temperament in future matches.

So far all the info about my player.

Now when I take a look at your thread I pick out these 2 things:

1/ Professional: Professionalism = 18-19 & Temperament > 9.

2/ Level-Headed: Controversy < 15 & Loyalty > 10 & Temperament > 6 & (Sportmanship > 11 or Professionalism > 12)

What I understand now:

1/ professionalism of Neto is around 18-19, and his temperament is higher than 9, correct?

2/ same interpretation but other figures.

--> now what can I get out of that information? (the fact that his professionalism is pretty high and all the other attributes of 2/ )

What do those attributes and numbers given at these attributes, tell me more about my player?

What do those attributes and numbers given at these attributes, tell me more about my player?

The higher a player's professionalism, the more they will benefit from training. If you put two players with the same attributes on the same training regime and they both got the same amount of game-time, the more professional player would get a bigger boost to his attributes.

Your assistant manager says that he's having trouble fitting into your highly ambitious squad - this suggests that most of your players have a high level of ambition, and Neto doesn't. Ambition will affect how likely a player is to stay at a club that is underperforming, and also how a player will react to pre-match predictions; if you were managing Manchester United and said you didn't think you were title favourites, your ambitious players might react badly.

As for the others, this provides an excellent summary: http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-personalities

The reason I pointed out professionalism and ambition is because these two aspects of your assistant manager's report should guide the tutoring for Neto. Basically, when tutoring Neto, your aim is:

1. Increase his ambition. You should do this because otherwise he won't properly fit into your squad; even if he's getting 7+ ratings, if he's not fully blended or adapted to your squad, the ratings could always be higher.

2. Keep his professionalism as high as possible. You don't want him to be tutored by someone who isn't professional, because then it will rub off in him.

3. Any PPM's you want to transfer

So, the best thing to do for finding Neto a tutor? Go through your squad and look for players in Neto's position that are above the age of 23-24, find someone who has a professional personality, but without the comment about having to adapt to fit into your highly ambitious squad. If there's no comment about adapting to your squad, that means this player's ambition is probably around the level of the rest of your squad, and will be able to tutor Neto and improve his ambition without affecting his professionalism. And if this tutor has PPM's that help Neto, then bonus!

Keep in mind, finding a 'perfect' tutor can be tough; you might decide that you'll have Neto tutored by someone with high ambition, even if it reduces his professionalism a little, and then make up for it by later tutoring him by someone with high professionalism to compensate for any loss.

For example: I've a 19yr old Brazilian (Neto) scouted and signed over.

His report states:

Sidnei Lobo (ass man) believes Neto is as professional as they come.

Sidnei Lobo believes that you have a highly ambitious squad and feels Neto is having to do a lot of adapting to fit in.

Further no real weaknesses.

Media comparison: labelled the next Paulo Assuncao

Media handling style: level-headed

(he also got a red card last game for agressive behaviour. Therefore I gave him a fine. (1week he did have to pay)

In game: Neto has accepted that he deserved his fine for violent conduct. He has indicated a willingness to control his temperament in future matches.

So far all the info about my player.

Now when I take a look at your thread I pick out these 2 things:

1/ Professional: Professionalism = 18-19 & Temperament > 9.

2/ Level-Headed: Controversy < 15 & Loyalty > 10 & Temperament > 6 & (Sportmanship > 11 or Professionalism > 12)

What I understand now:

1/ professionalism of Neto is around 18-19, and his temperament is higher than 9, correct?

2/ same interpretation but other figures.

--> now what can I get out of that information? (the fact that his professionalism is pretty high and all the other attributes of 2/ )

On his Information page you can see what his exact Personality is. The Reports sometimes tend to use a sentence to describe his personality. In this case 'As professional as they come' .. this could mean both Professional or Model Professional.

1) That is correct.

2) Yes, Level Headed means that his Controversy is less than 15, his Loyalty is 11+, His Temperament is 7+ and EITHER his Sportsmanship is 12+ or Professionalism is 13+.

Since you know his Professionalism score is high, this means that his Sportsmanship is less than 12 as both cannot be true for him to be Level-Headed.

Basically he is already very Professional, and if possible you will want a tutor how have as close to his Professionalism score as possible. Apparently Ambiotion is low, so you will want to get that attribute up. As far as I have read, Ambition is also important for his gains in training.

What is his Determination. This is also an important attribute, and the only visible one that is affected by tutoring.

When selecting a tutor, always remember that the attributes of Neto will move towards those of the tutor. So if the Tutor has lower scores, then he might risk losing points in thos attributes.

On his Information page you can see what his exact Personality is. The Reports sometimes tend to use a sentence to describe his personality. In this case 'As professional as they come' .. this could mean both Professional or Model Professional.

1) That is correct.

2) Yes, Level Headed means that his Controversy is less than 15, his Loyalty is 11+, His Temperament is 7+ and EITHER his Sportsmanship is 12+ or Professionalism is 13+.

Since you know his Professionalism score is high, this means that his Sportsmanship is less than 12 as both cannot be true for him to be Level-Headed.

Basically he is already very Professional, and if possible you will want a tutor how have as close to his Professionalism score as possible. Apparently Ambiotion is low, so you will want to get that attribute up. As far as I have read, Ambition is also important for his gains in training.

What is his Determination. This is also an important attribute, and the only visible one that is affected by tutoring.

When selecting a tutor, always remember that the attributes of Neto will move towards those of the tutor. So if the Tutor has lower scores, then he might risk losing points in thos attributes.

His determination is 15 at the moment.

If you guys could tell me how to make and upload screenshots here, I'm willing to make those of every central midfielder I have.

That way, you can help me with picking the best tutor for Neto (or perhaps nobody). If I can follow your discussion, I can actually learn something here :)

Archived