right.. team wants 5.5 million for a player with an asking price of 3 million?

Had this myself as well. Hannover had a player listed for 3.6m but wouldn't even budge below 12.5m. No other offers in and I was the only club who showed any interest. I know they were desperate to keep him but surely that should be reflected in the asking price.

Was he listed by request?

Some people are mis-reading the OP. The club have set an asking price. When offered, the offer is rejected. It doesn't matter if he's listed by requested or not, the club have stated the value that they will let him leave for. Th offer should be accepted unless you are major rivals.

It's a known bug, the negotiated asking price is the true value that the club has attached to the player, what you're seeing on the transfer information screen is incorrect.

Yes, as the OP has stated, there has been an asking price set.

A lot of users get confused between value & asking price therefore it wasn't clear in the OP - since been clarified in post #10.

Not that it means anything now as Barside has pointed out in post #12 that its a known bug.

Transfer listed by request is key to the problem, when this happens the game will automatically assign an asking price of twice the players listed value even if the club wants more.

Over time the asking price will change to an amount closer to what the really want.

Archived