Fresh challenge for fm12

I created the best challenge yet. (for me personally)

I can only play as United, if i play as any other team i would quit and delete the game before the season started. But of course, being Man United on FM is way too easy. I did it from normal and won the title 3 seasons in a row with 2 champions leagues.

So i created the "man united challenge" if you're not a united fan, then chances are you will hate united. so pick your favorite from Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool Arsenal and Chelsea. With your favorite team, go on editor and give them £1 funds and £1 transfer budget. Increase their debts to £800m and tick "in administration".

But that's not all. With the other 4 teams, make them as rich as possible. I gave all the rest a billionaire tycoon and £800m each. You can do this with Spurs too if you want an extra challenge.

Then go to your teams best player. (in my case Rooney) and set him to "would prefer not to play for man united" or whatever club you are.

Start the game and try to stay as one of the best teams in the country.

On mine, City Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool all spent about £70m on players and with the sale of an unhappy Rooney (to chelsea) I finished 4th. My expectations to start with was avoid relegation.

On my second season now and i am 2nd. It's very hard keeping up when they are spending ungodly amounts. (City signed Ronaldo FFS)

With this challenge, you must get your club back on financial footing and try to compete with the big guns. Due to a lack of funds, producing your own talent becomes twice as important. All this whilst trying to keep up with your 4 or 5 big rivals who can afford any player in the world.

Xenophobia Challenge

The main rule is to recruit ONLY players from the same nation (let's say if you run an Irish club - Irish players only)

*for increased difficulty, avoid dual nationality players (let's say Irish/German)

*for increased difficulty, pick a weak nation (not France, Germany, etc)

*for increased difficulty, recruit only coaches/physios of the same nationality.

...and try getting the best international awards possible.

The difficulty of this challenge is quite dependent on you - if it's too easy, add more rules (for example, I'm running a German club - if I wanted things to get harder, I'd get rid of my 3 Turkish/German players which constantly make my starter 11... not that I'd want to do that - 1st division clubs are kicking my ass way too often anyway).

Have fun~

Archived