Starting a new game, suggestions?

Hello everyone, thanks for looking. As the title states I am starting a new save and have no idea what to play. I normally do a LLM British save, but my last save got me the English hero achievement so the English leagues seem like a pointless redo. From the achievements the selections are:

Brazil

France

Italy

Scotland

Spain

I'm leaning towards a Europe based save with a goal of winning the CL. In order to make the CL a bit more challenging I will be loading all the top leagues from Europe. I'll also add the top leagues from Brazil & Argentina for regen purposes. I was leaning towards Spain for the 2 year south american citizenship, but would like to know what everyone thinks?

Also quick question does the EC and CL leagues draw from all of the content of Europe or just the EU countries?

From all countries in Europe, even a few countries that aren't actually in Europe as Israel.

I had fun with Albion Rovers on FM11 on the Scottish Leagues but since you normally play on England you'll probably find it too similar, the French League can be fun because it's quite balanced on the top tier, you'll lose some money while on the Championnat but once you get to Ligue2 you start getting some decent TV money(5M or so), there's also two cups so all the tiers have 20 teams so there's a lot of games to rotate your youngsters, the downside is that there is a non-EU limit(though players from a lot of African countries won't count for this limit) so you can't sign a lot of players from South America.

The Spanish Segunda Division can be a bit of a pain to get out since you are not guaranteed a promotion even if you win your division and the squad registration rules are quite strict if i remember right(only 22 players over 21 can be registered).

Italy also has a non-EU limit but the lower tiers are fun.

From all countries in Europe, even a few countries that aren't actually in Europe as Israel.

I had fun with Albion Rovers on FM11 on the Scottish Leagues but since you normally play on England you'll probably find it too similar, the French League can be fun because it's quite balanced on the top tier, you'll lose some money while on the Championnat but once you get to Ligue2 you start getting some decent TV money(5M or so), there's also two cups so all the tiers have 20 teams so there's a lot of games to rotate your youngsters, the downside is that there is a non-EU limit(though players from a lot of African countries won't count for this limit) so you can't sign a lot of players from South America.

The Spanish Segunda Division can be a bit of a pain to get out since you are not guaranteed a promotion even if you win your division and the squad registration rules are quite strict if i remember right(only 22 players over 21 can be registered).

Italy also has a non-EU limit but the lower tiers are fun.

Scotland is the bottom of the list for me right now, as you said it would be really similar to England. Thanks for the tip about the EC/CL, when setting up a new game do all the countries under the "Europe" heading get entered to the EC/CL? France does sound interesting and with loads of African countries generating second nationality of France it could be a huge help. As for loosing money, I'm pretty used to that. In my england save i didnt start making anything note worthy till l1 and that still had me in the red some months.

What are the promotion requirements for the Spanish leagues? really odd that winning the league might not get promotion. 22 players over 21 is fine with me. I normally keep a 22 man squad and do a full rotation every game.

Italy is also not really interesting to me, the co-owned thing is really confusing and most the "lower league" teams have really good players which will make promotion a chore.

Scotland is the bottom of the list for me right now, as you said it would be really similar to England. Thanks for the tip about the EC/CL, when setting up a new game do all the countries under the "Europe" heading get entered to the EC/CL? France does sound interesting and with loads of African countries generating second nationality of France it could be a huge help. As for loosing money, I'm pretty used to that. In my england save i didnt start making anything note worthy till l1 and that still had me in the red some months.

What are the promotion requirements for the Spanish leagues? really odd that winning the league might not get promotion. 22 players over 21 is fine with me. I normally keep a 22 man squad and do a full rotation every game.

Italy is also not really interesting to me, the co-owned thing is really confusing and most the "lower league" teams have really good players which will make promotion a chore.

All of them yes.

There are four groups on that division in Spain, if you win your group you will go to a play-off with the other group winners and two teams out of those four will be promoted, if you lose there you can still be promoted since you will be playing against all the other teams that finished on the top places.

Only 4 teams out of 80 go up to the Adelante.

post in this thread, its ment for questions like this one

other then that, you should give Atheltic Club a go, makes it a proper challange both to win CL and the league

Sorry didn't notice that thread. For Athletic Club do you mean the one in Liga BBVA? If so that's a bit high on the league chain for me. looking for something that can net me one of the hero achievements.

All of them yes.

There are four groups on that division in Spain, if you win your group you will go to a play-off with the other group winners and two teams out of those four will be promoted, if you lose there you can still be promoted since you will be playing against all the other teams that finished on the top places.

Only 4 teams out of 80 go up to the Adelante.

Again thanks for the tips. Seems the Spanish leagues might be quite the challenge.

So I've decided I'm going with a French team. Database small with all European top leagues, south African top league and all French leagues. I'm thinking to improve the challenge I will only sign player's with French 1st or second nationality. Got the idea form a thread I saw a few years back. Thanks for the tips everyone.

Archived