Loan System Broken

The loan system in this game is just bad. It's very difficult to loan players out because of reputation problems -- hot prospects will snub the teams where they would actually get lots of first-team time, and will only go to teams that have high reputations and then subsequently get no playing time. Loaning players is supposed to be a great way to get your young players first-team football, but most of the time loan spells end up ruining my young players because they just rot on the bench at their loan club.

You can always include the 'can be recalled' clause, but teams seem much less likely to want to loan players when you include this clause. You just can't win! I know that the AI isn't the best at squad-building, but it's kind of ridiculous for a team to take a player on loan and never once put him on the field. We really, really need a player interaction option that says "I'd like to send you out on loan to get some first-team experience". If the player agrees, he should be open to going to a lower-league or at least lower-rep team in some lesser league.

Sorry for the rant -- I love the game, but it's just a shame that a part of it that's so critical for youth development is so broken. Ugh!

Yeah this was a massive oversight to not be patched, and I doubt there will be any more.

Make's it really difficult to blood youngsters as you can't blood them all in your own team.

Also, makes it harder when my board doesn't want to find anymore feeder clubs. I have one...

Just for reference

http://www.soccerway.com/players/

Lots of young players go on loan.

The issue I have with the Loan System is:

• You set it up so that players can be recalled - the AI removes this option and you have to renegotiate with it in it.
  • You often get clubs offering to loan a player with the option of "Cover for First Team", but you can't renegotiate this portion to say "Valuable First Team Player".
  • If a club states he'll be a valuable player - and he's not playing - they've broken the contract - and you can't recall them, where you should be able to.

And also in trying to Loan players:

• You can't offer anything below what the club initially set, i.e., if the club want 500k and 50% of the wages, and I can only afford 30% of their wages, then the offer is REJECTED.
  • I Can't stipulate they'll be "Cover" or "Valuable" as you often see when the AI offers to loan my player.
  • Playing as a lower REP team I was unable to get Man Utd to loan me a player, as they said they wouldn't negotiate with me on a loan - simply because I was Leeds, I was in a LEAGUE BELOW!

Every month of the transfer window I offer between 10 - 15 players out on loan, and maybe 2 or 3 will end up going somewhere.

There's a lot of fixing needed for Loaning players.

I don't really use the loan system that much. The one thing that does really annoy me that hasn't been mentioned is when someone comes in with a loan to buy bid you only have the option of £Xs. I want to see all the transfer clauses included, mainly because I love X% sell on fee clauses in every transfer :D.

Playing as a lower REP team I was unable to get Man Utd to loan me a player, as they said they wouldn't negotiate with me on a loan - simply because I was Leeds, I was in a LEAGUE BELOW!

Not arguing that the loan system is perfect, but thats not a good example of it not working, Man U will never loan Leeds any players, not in our lifetime.

The vast majority of the loans I arrange are with my feeder clubs. 2 decent feeder clubs = 8 players out on loan every season.

I agree though, it is hard to loan out certain players who reject all loan offers and seemingly prefer to rot on the bench or in the reserves instead of dropping a division and playing every week.

Not arguing that the loan system is perfect, but thats not a good example of it not working, Man U will never loan Leeds any players, not in our lifetime.

I should have left team names out of it, it happens more often that you might think.

I was also managing Hereford and got to the Premiership, I asked Arsenal for a Loan of a player and they said they had no interest in negotiating with me. They didn't say they didn't want to Loan to a team in the same league, they specifically said they didn't want to do a deal with me.

And Leeds and Man Utd have done deals in the past, to and fro. Liam Miller for one - 2005/2006 season. He went from Man Utd to Leeds on loan.

Loan out, transfer out; both are very difficult for me to achieve. One of the biggest problems being the players turning down the opportunity to move on.

I consequently always have loads of players just rotting in my reserves. Surely accepting any move out would have been better than spending years with my "stiffs."

Needs fixing!

^^^ exactly as bolulu

I had Patrick Kinsoboro sitting in the reserves for 3 seasons until his contract ran out. Would not sign for another club. Never got a game in those 3 seasons.

Same with lots of other players.

And as usual it's all about Reputation system being in need of a massive revamp... it's been like that for years, but yeah you know how it works...

Nothing more frustrating than a decent 18yo prospect who's CLEARLY not good enough to break into the first team or even in the subs lot still stubbornly refusing a loan move that would benefit him greatly in terms of playing time and exposure.

Feeder clubs are a shortcut but sometimes the players will still refuse to move...

It makes no sense to have decent youngsters and mediocre backups not wanting to move, for one season or for good... But then again, when you can have international footballers spending MONTHS as free agents because of the Reputation Catch-22 situation, nothing should surprise us anymore.

Feeder clubs are a shortcut but sometimes the players will still refuse to move...

...or they won't get played. I sent a decent 18 year old out to my feeder club two divisions below, which turned out to be a waste of time because they refused to give him a chance, instead playing a clearly inferior player 90 minutes in every game. When that inferior player finally got injured and they were forced to use my guy he got 2 goals and 2 assists in 4 games - more than their first choice had managed all season. Yet as soon as the other guy was somewhere close to being fit he was back to playing 90 minutes every game. I was basically forced to recall the player eventually.

I'm having no problems loaning players out.

Infact, from around 35 players in my reserve squad i'd say 20 were out on loan.

On my Shrewsbury save i had no problem either most of the time, it's easier to loan youngsters out in England also because of the short-term loans where a lot of teams ask for a player for only 3 months but he ends up playing good so they extend it over the season.

It's the best country to make the most out of feeder clubs, one in the Championship and one in the League one is the ideal.

I'm having no problems loaning players out.

Infact, from around 35 players in my reserve squad i'd say 20 were out on loan.

Wow, that must be a gigantic squad. How many of the 20 out on loan are currently match fit and play every week (or nearly every week)?

And as usual it's all about Reputation system being in need of a massive revamp... it's been like that for years, but yeah you know how it works...

Nothing more frustrating than a decent 18yo prospect who's CLEARLY not good enough to break into the first team or even in the subs lot still stubbornly refusing a loan move that would benefit him greatly in terms of playing time and exposure.

It makes no sense to have decent youngsters and mediocre backups not wanting to move, for one season or for good... But then again, when you can have international footballers spending MONTHS as free agents because of the Reputation Catch-22 situation, nothing should surprise us anymore.

Yet I found it extremely easy to loan players out in previous FMs, so what's changed? Really frustrating, same with transfers out.

I don't have a problem with loaning out players... the key is to loan them out at the very first day transfer window open, the longer you wait the more your potential loaner get a loan from another team the less team will want to loan your players. This season I have 12 players out on loan (8 on july transfer window, 4 goes out on january), all but one of them play at least as a backup and therefore get at least half the games available to them, which is still much better than playing in reserves, the only player that's not getting playing time is my young GK and he already reach his potential so I'm just trying to get him games to attract potential buyer... so loan them out early, this seems to work for me

I find it crazy that I can't send the likes of Joe Cole and Aquilani out on loan anywhere, even when I offer to pay all the wages so the club is getting a free player for a season.

Also, if you want to send a player to a feeder club I don't think the player should be allowed to reject it. Or at least you should be able to have a private chat to explain the benefit.

I find it crazy that I can't send the likes of Joe Cole and Aquilani out on loan anywhere, even when I offer to pay all the wages so the club is getting a free player for a season.

Also, if you want to send a player to a feeder club I don't think the player should be allowed to reject it. Or at least you should be able to have a private chat to explain the benefit.

A player should be able to reject any loan offer. But only if they have a good reason (or if they have Balotelli's IQ).

Most young players would jump to go out on loan if they have no choice in the first-team, even if it is in a much lower league. If anything, it builds character because you are less pampered in a lower league.

Archived