Barca AI don't play like Barca

Hi all!!!!

I've recently realised that the AI don't really play Barca like they do IRL. I say this because despite obtaining the 8.0 rating for players like xavi, iniesta and messi each game, their passing completion % hovers around the 60% mark!!!

Only reason I took an interest in this is because I'm playing as swansea atm and am striving to mimic their game IRL (perhaps their earlier form :D). Been paying a lot of attention to pass success % and the like and was just slightly disappointed at the statistics of the 3 titans of Barca!!

Would just like to see what the community thinks of this and if they've realised this or not! :lol:

As I recall, there was a thread in the Tactics forum where users were trying to see how many passes they could complete, regardless of the overall result. I think the best anyone could achieve was around 800 whereas, in real life, Barcelona often complete 900 (and win).

On the whole, the match engine doesn't handle pass & move well. There are relatively few goals created from quick, combination passing and you'll notice that, generally, players are given a lot more time to run with the ball before being closed down than they would have in real life and the system seems to be adjusted around that assumption, putting anyone who doesn't use it at a bit of a disadvantage.

800 passes?!?!?! Omg lol that is crazy...and I see what you mean with the time given to players on the ball. Scott Sinclair is given so much space and time everytime he gets the ball, pretty devastating actually since he's scored around 14 goals in 13 games for me so far. But maybe managers should be given a more precise profile and tactical preference, cus clearly (although doing well) barca's game revolves around tiki-taka style of play, so it would be cool if they implement such aspects so they play more of an impact in the game. I mean wouldn't it be cool if somehow guardiola ends his reign at barca then joins a team like spurs, revolutionises the team with his style of play?

But at the same time I guess it is quite a complicated mechanic but it'll be cool if one day this happens :D

Archived