Problem with player upset with being forced out

Playing Napoli (although its irrelevant), Just wondering i have a player, Joel Matip who asked for more first team football- i told him didnt have a place for him and i agreed to transfer list him. He was happy with that but no one wanted him at his wages/price I offered. Now he is upset that he is being forced out. Is this a bug?

I don't know if its classed as a bug or not... but its not how it should work. For example I had a player on my save where the player felt he had achieved all he could at the club. I agreed to let him go at the end of the season and he said he hoped i kept my promise. Now I know people can have changes of heart but there should be more happening in the game in the situation that arised... Because when I transfer listed him he was unhappy that I was forcing him out the club. When really despite the fact he was no longer wanted anyway, I was simply keeping my promise. Annoying but I'm just going to go through with it and sell him and that will be that.

You'd think it would work better but it doesn't. Is it a bug? I don't know I didn't write the code. :)

You have to be careful promising anything to players. The promise always seems like it's written in blood, always remembered & frequently miss-interpreted.

Unless you really like the player & want to play him (& I mean ALL the time) it's best not to talk to players who pop up with "got some concerns" requests. It doesn't seem to affect anything. It usually means they will ask for a transfer later rather than sooner. If you play them the problem's solved anyway.

Taking the interview is a poisoned chalice!

This can be frustrating at times with the player interaction. The player you have had the chat with doesn't understand their is no interest in them, there probably should be an option to explain the situation and how it could be solved with said player, unfortunately in it's current format it's just a pain in the behind, as with a lot of player and team interactions!

I have no problem transfer listing him, i wasn't playing him and he was going to leave at the end of year hopefully, but no one wanted him, so his has concerns that he was being forced out of the club at the same time has a public concern that he wants first team football and wants to leave, frustrated at the contradiction

Archived