Jack Robinson becomes welsh ??

Not sure where to put this issue, if its meant to happen or not but i loaned Robinson to my feeder team Cardiff, 2nd season, after 6 months of being on loan there, the game told me he was called up to the Wales U-21 side !!

Sure enough, i checked his info out and he now has dual nationalty ??

Is this supposed to happen??

Probably got welsh heritage

Nothing at the start of the game, born in Warrington. No dual nationality.

Think the whole Wales scene is messed up, just checked the full squad and it only has 9 real players, all the rest are greyed out ? I know the pool for welsh players isnt massive but 9 players !!

Looks like the manager is only picking top flight players. Why?

Think the whole Wales scene is messed up, just checked the full squad and it only has 9 real players, all the rest are greyed out ? I know the pool for welsh players isnt massive but 9 players !!

Just had a look in my game (2015) and the squad is full, and there are quite a few non Premier league players in there. Chris Coleman has even managed to get them to 41st in the world rankings. Seems like a strange occurance in your game. How many players have you got loaded? And is it just Wales it is affecting?

if you've lived in a certian place for so long can't you play for them? like welbeck who is from ghana?

I think I'm right in saying that under FIFA rules a player with a British passport can represent any of the home nations, but the FAs agreed not to pick players that didn't have parents or grandparents born in that country so the rules work as they would for France and Germany, for example. Whether this agreement is now a rule I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure it is in the game. Are you playing FM12? If so then I would suggest it is a bug

There does seem to be a few issues with Welsh teams in the English league. In long term games teams such as Wrexham, Newport and Colwyn Bay always seem to rise to the top of the leagues by purchasing squads of foreigners from obscure nations for very little that are above the ability of most other players in their leagues. Newport County are challenging for promotion to the Championship and Colwyn Bay are challenging at the top of the Blue Square Prem with a 23 man 1st team squad consisting of just 2 English players. This just 4 years into my save.

the above is correct but also if a player has been schooled for 5 years they become eligble for the nation of schooling! ie andy driver of hearts englisg born no heritage to scotland but as was schooled in scotland for 5 years then can play for scotland.

Archived