Tactics sliders?

Sorry for being thick. I'm new to FM12, having last played any FM game (FM10) well over a year ago. Is there any way of going back to the old slider system for tactics? Because I'd like to, but I've missed it if there is a way.

From here: http://www.footballmanager.com/webmanual/fm2012/8.2.

"8.2.2. Classic Tactics

Should you wish to revert to the ‘old’ way of handling tactics in Football Manager™, you can opt to convert your current formation to ‘Classic’ mode by clicking on ‘Convert to Classic’ from the ‘Options’ menu. Please note that once a formation has been changed to classic mode, it cannot be changed back.

Classic mode converts team and player instructions to ‘sliders’ which operate on a 1-20 scale, rather than being broken into textual descriptions. It also allows you to control player movement in the form of ‘runs’.

Right-clicking and holding on a position indicator allows you to ‘draw’ an either a forward or backward direction from the player. Navigate towards one of the slightly faded positions indicating where the line can finish, and then release the right mouse button to set the line.

There are two types of instructional arrows in use – forward arrows and backward arrows, which no longer set a secondary position for the player depending on which team has possession, but simply rather having an effect on the player’s ‘Runs From Deep’ slider. A forward arrow will set the Runs From Deep instructions to ‘Often’, whilst a backwards one will set it to ‘Rarely’. No arrow will leave the slider in the middle at ‘Mixed’. These instructions also work the other way around – if you set the instructions from the player’s Personal Instructions, the arrow will take effect on the tactics screen."

Archived