Some advice required on selling a player please?

So I manage Barcelona and with the formation am playing there is no need for Pedro. He has become tired of not playing and has asked for a move. Interst from Malaga, Lazio and Bayern. But nobody will make a bid due to his wage demand. I tried to go into a conversation to ask him to reduce it but I can't. So how can I keep the promise i made with him to find him a new club?

So I manage Barcelona and with the formation am playing there is no need for Pedro. He has become tired of not playing and has asked for a move. Interst from Malaga, Lazio and Bayern. But nobody will make a bid due to his wage demand. I tried to go into a conversation to ask him to reduce it but I can't. So how can I keep the promise i made with him to find him a new club?

As far as I know, you can't. If he wants more than any club is willing to pay, he is more or less doomed to sit in the reserves and rot ... unless you release him on free. Maybe once he is unhappy enough, he might be willing to consider a mutual termination of the contract.

... or you can just hope that he will reduce his wage demands after a while. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Seems loaning out will be my only option, thanks for that suggestion I hadn't thought of it. I find it hard to believe though that teams wouldn't come in for Pedro for 15mil, never mind the 7.5mil i have been offering him out for.

Yeah not much you can do the worst part is you will get the blame for him not agreeing terms with another club. I find the whole AI transfer system flawed to some extent both in what other teams offer and what your players will accept. This can be players taking a step down in quality, a wage drop which does often happen when a player steps down to get first team football.

Archived