New Job Offer, lol - What?

All that money yet they are only willing to offer you £37,500 a week, more evidence of slightly broken manager wages.

Not necessarily he has yet to negotiate the deal, to increase pay. They are probably offering him more than he gets paid at Charlton, so why go higher? Even when you're managing a rich club you want to get players on the cheapest contracts, not overpaying because you can.

Not necessarily he has yet to negotiate the deal, to increase pay. They are probably offering him more than he gets paid at Charlton, so why go higher? Even when you're managing a rich club you want to get players on the cheapest contracts, not overpaying because you can.

The OP already replied to this.

True..

I declined it anyway, my cash strapped Charlton side pays better!!

There is a bug with manager wages, in my game only 14 managers are earning more than £30,000 a week in 2033 & the current Real Madrid manager is on £20,000 a week.

My recent contract negotiations were a joke, I have turned Leipzig into the highest coefficient ranked club in Europe with 2 Europa League & 2 Champions League finals in the last 5 years. 4 straight Bundesliga titles, we have a cash balance of over £100m in the bank & I have recently been offered jobs at AC Milan, Roma & Real Madrid (all equally poorly paid) yet the board initially offered zero wage increase for a contract extension & would only negotiate an increase from £24,000 to £24,500 a week.

My bank balance for Juventus in 2036 is some $800m (USD). They haven't allocated it all to me for transfers, but more than I can spend ($200m), thats for sure! Even though I have the big bank balance I like my outgoing transfers to finance my incoming ones.

I also got a job offer from Lazio, who have been taken over by a tycoon a couple seasons back, when managing Sevilla, but the problem is, I am managing Juventus simultaneously. So I would be my own biggest rival, and manage the top two teams in one league? :)

• 1 month later...
I would still be interested in knowing what success you had with Charlton (or at other clubs before) before you got the Real offer. And whether they just approached you or if you applied before.

Offer was midway through my second season at Charlton, I had already managed Liverpool and West Ham to over a dozen titles..

With Charlton, at time of offer, I was 2nd-3rd I think, in EPL..

Was predicted to struggle with Charlton first season, got 6th I think, second season in the end I finished 3rd. Won the next season, money started rolling in, and now I have taken the last 2 seasons.... Been 2 years since i lost a Premier Division Match. I only lost one ECC match and the League Cup Finals last season..

u silly :p

we all know manager salary doesn't mean anything in FM

It increases job security, probably not an issue when the potential employer has a £1/2bn transfer budget.

I can conquer the world on a €10m budget. I would have a field day with €600m.

Usually takes me 4 seasons to build the best team in the world, with any club in any top division.

I can do it with a lower division team, depending on the leauge, but starting at the bottom most league I can get to the top of any leauges in about 10 seasons.

€600m, I'd just have a team that would be untouchable. And within 2 seasons I'd be bored.

Delighted you turned it down and kept with the challenge of Charlton :D

The game really needs to get more realistic with transfer budgets and how easy it is to build a world beating team.

Archived