Stupid Motivation System tells lies

Im AEK Athens and im 5 games unbeaten at the mo, my next game is againt a team 3rd from bottom and the expectations from the media are that i will trounce this team and be 2 or 3 up at half time. my team morale is high and theres is very poor with alot of abysmal players morale.

So i kick of and take a look at both teams motivation during the game. i notice mine are all playing ok and that 6 players from the other team are playing without confidence, and im watching the match in extended mode and i notice that 20 mins in i havent even had one attack and come to think of it the opposing team considering there motivation is very poor and morale is so low are playing like a 1960's world cup winning brazil team. they are playing wonderful passing football and constantly hounding my goal.

Then to make matters worse they somehow score 3 goals before half time leaving me stunned and thinking what the hell is going on and how is this possible.

which makes me think, why is a match aid telling me one thing yet in reality its not telling the truth. and to go 3 goals down is just impossibly stupid. if a teams morale is so low and they have no confidence how can they play so well??? i wouldnt mind been 3 nil down if it showed the other team playing with confidence to begin with.

so im in the 86th min and ive alt tabbed away from my game to write my result because im disgusted at letting my 5th goal....yes 5th goal in, there beating me 5-1 with 4 mins to go and they have only had 5 shots on target ha!! does it get anymore in your face than that

The motivation system isn't telling lies. The truth is, one or a couple of your players probably had a "bad day", and their performance dropped so low that even low morale opponents could break through.

I've noticed that AI is especially good at "noticing" vulnerabilities and abusing them. For example, my team's with max morale, top of the league, and we're playing a team from the bottom. All of my team had ratings 7+ except one of my centerbacks . Guess what - I lost 1-2 because he allowed a poacher through in the very start (while his rating was below average, but not bad) and then he even had an own goal by being a hit from a corner.

It's too bad you usually see that too late. IRL, warm ups would reveal such problems. In the game, you can only see his performance fail when it's pretty ugly.

Archived