Game Scheduling

This has now happened a few times to me, the game will have a match scheduled the day after another match or when my plays are travelling back from international duty.

This morning I played Spurs in the FA Cup semi on Saturday and then I had to play Arsenal in the league on Sunday!!!

Does anyone else have this problem?

I don't remember ever having matches on consecutive days, but I've definitely had my share of every-other-day scheduling nightmares. The worst is when you have 3 games in 6 days, and the last of the three is away at Old Trafford. How am I supposed to win that game??

But by far the worst scheduling bug I have ever seen was an international friendly that was played on the same day as the Champions League final. As Arsenal, my best midfielder (Ramsey) was unavailable for the game because he was playing in the friendly. Stupidest thing ever.

On a similar note, I just had a La Liga season where I played Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Valencia in my first 7 or so games (all very strong still in 2035) and Barcelona (probably 2nd strongest team in La Liga, after my Sevilla) had their first 9 games against the bottom 9. I **** you not. So you can imagine what kind of run they were able to start the season on! But I check opposition scheduling for this very reason, so that I don't judge my own results against an opponent who has played the WEAKEST teams in the division! I hoped that the bottom 9 would be good enough to at least hold Barca to an away draw, but it wasn't the case. FM is a real world football simulator, not an ideal world football simulator :D

Archived