My most magic season in all my FM career!

Hi guys,i have to share this,i just got the biggest joy ever in 10 years of playing FM!

Premise: i started my FM2012 career at Bari,got luckily promoted to Serie A in the 1st season.In time,thanks to good loans and great players left in reserve teams,i build a solid squad....and in the season 15/16 i find myself unexpectedly fighting for the top positions.

In the start of the season i have a god run and get on top with a six points advantage,but at one point my number 1 contenders(Juventus,managed by Montella and guided by an incredible Cavani)start winning every single game.

Unfortunately for me Juventus gets knocked out early from the CL,and my team start losing both form and points(including a shocking 1-4 home defeat vs last of the table Ascoli),making me lose the 1st place by January.

At one point in April i look back at what did in the season 'till that moment,and see that i have been doing one of my best performances ever(relative to the strenght of my team).But....with 5 games to go i am still 2 points behind Juventus,and i still have to play Roma,Milan(both home)and Juve(away).

Long story short,with 2 games to go in the Serie A i am 3 points behind Juve(which have an easy home game vs Cagliari and an away game vs Fiorentina for last),i only got 2 points out of the Roma-Milan matches,and the terrible feeling that i had in April is coming to reality:having an absolutely amazing unique season where you fight all the time for a dream and end up with nothing in your hands.

We both win our second last match,and i come to the last day of the season a little depressed and with the only hope of them losing and me winning to get even on points and win the scudetto by result between teams.

This is how the last match day went :D :

Juventus match

29vmqsl.jpg

My match

5oxs1i.jpg

Now try to imagine my reaction when i saw they were losing 3-0 and my man got sent off and have a good laugh. :D

Before the match i was already resigned to swallow the bitter pill of failure and was thinking about crucial points that i missed during the season,i couldn't believe that i had actually won the title after spitting blood trailing Juve for months!

And for last,the final league table,which will make you understand why i was so depressed before the last match for the title slipping away from me:

9sfbt4.jpg

Well,what to say in conclusion?this is the biggest satisfaction and joy that this series have given me so far,this season was unique in both how it went and how it finished,and i don't think there will be another one as thrilling as meaningful as this one,it's a statistical improbability.And that's why i wanted to share it....ok maybe i did also because i'm a "little" excited atm lol,they had Cavani which scored 49 in 33 games but it wasn't enough to beat the team i built in the years with all my care. :D

Feel free to share your magical FM stories here if you want!

Edit: damn,the pics were looking big enough in the post preview,why are they so small now?the times of some goals/cards are absolute gems. :)

It's a very good feeling when you're one goal behind in the CL final and then your star striker gets the ball, turns around jinks past the defender and blasts it into the roof of the net, the very last thing happening in the match! Then in the 121st minute you claim the win on a cheaply awarded penalty. There are a lot of these moments in FM and that's the reason we all play this game, I think.

Good work with Bari there :)

Yeah,it was fantastic considering that they are my most hated team irl. :D Funny thing is i won the home game 2-1 thanks to a 90+3 goal,and then drew 2-2 away with a 89' goal....if i hadnt scored that goal then we wud have been even on results,and they would have won on goal difference.The more i think about it,the more i am convinced that it was destined to go like that. :D

Trust me if this was real life i would have been made the new major/godfather/king of Bari,such an epic way to win the first title in your history. :D

A brilliant result well done OP! I have to agree it is one of the best feelings ever winning the league on the last day due to your rivals slipping up, good luck for next year!

It's a great feeling to win the league on the last day of the season, so Congrats :)

Unfortunately for me, in my current save, I've lost the title on the final day 3 times (currently 7 seasons in!), including an 11 point sway in favour of my rivals! That doesn't feel so good :D

Congrats on your epic league title win, I myself am in a title run-in with Inter and have Atalanta, Udinese, and Palermo right behind my heels with 2 points, 3 points and 5 points back respectively and 7 games to go. To make it worse I just lost to AC Milan 2-1 and only picked up 1 point in the last 4 league matches.

Again my friend congratulations on your league win, and hopefully you can build on that for next season.

Archived