Are quality newgen creation totally random?

So if I have a team with a state-of-the art youth facilities, shouldn't they produce at least 1 quality newgen every season? I usually save before the newgen creation date (I know cheats) and get a random variation of 2 stars to 4.5 but the probability is completely random...

The worst part when you get that 4 stars you've been waiting for and then find that he is susceptible to injury or inconsistent :mad:, etc...

So Q.1 How do you get quality newgens every season?

Q.2 What is the difference between Youth Facilities & Youth Recruitment?

Regards

I would think one quality newgen every 3 or 4 seasons, with high quality facilities and extensive recruiting is about what I have averaged. Not great, but when an above-average player comes through it sure makes you appreciate it!

Mainly I try to scout 19 year olds or under, and see who I can bring in to become a home-grown talent.

The quality of the newgen will depend on facilities,junior coaching,recruitment,reputation and of course some luck.

Junior Coaching: Improves the starting CA of players from the intake

Youth Recruitment: With a larger recruitment you'll get players with higher PA

Youth Facilites: Determines the quality of the training for players under a youth contract.

From my experience, the negen system is still a work in process and i think it will be a while before they can come up with anything sensible. You cant get quality newgens every season, its a lottery and depends wildly on what country you play in.

Youth facilities have nothing to do with the potential ability of regens. Junior coaching will slightly increase the average CA of your regens while youth facilities will mean they improve more quickly. To get regens with higher potential, you need better Youth Recruitment and a higher club reputation.

Basically, this is how the system works:

1) Each nation has a "Youth Rating" which determines the likelihood of that nation producing X number of PA -10, -9, -8, etc. regens.

2) Each regen will show up in a specific region of a country.

3) Clubs will "compete" to recruit that regen into their youth system. Youth recruitment and reputation will affect the chance of recruiting a specific player with youth recruitment also affecting your ability to compete for regens outside your club's home region.

4) The regen will show up in your youth team with an initial CA determined, in part, by the quality of your junior coaching.

5) The quality of your youth facilities and coaches/youth coaches as well as professionalism, ambition, tutoring and exposure to competitive games will determine the speed at which the player develops.

it is random, on my united saves, the past 2 seasons the best newgens in England were:

season 1 - coventy (championship)

season 2 - wigan (championship)

it is fun when newgens appear in countries you dont have loaded so only appear as U19 and clubless (they are at a club in the lower echelions on the unloaded league system so dont seem to show you can get them for nothing.

I feel there is also a random factor, or at least something which ensures there is also a decent distribution of players throughout the leagues. The best regen striker in England one year was produced by Lincoln. I nabbed him fairly quickly and he's now decently Prem quality while still in my U18 team. Another was at Southend. This isn't that unreasonable as plenty of Prem players were on the books on lower league clubs at youth level, and signed early.

It's random in real life too, how often do Man Utd produce a world class player, not very. However they have produced Premier League standard players for years and the thing is with ourselves we don't keep these players, train them up and then sell them off. We'd much rather get rid straight away and only go for the best youth.

It's random in real life too, how often do Man Utd produce a world class player, not very. However they have produced Premier League standard players for years and the thing is with ourselves we don't keep these players, train them up and then sell them off. We'd much rather get rid straight away and only go for the best youth.

That's true, most youngsters from Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool etc end up playing lower leagues, with a few ending up back in the Premiership, and a smaller number who end up as squad players (Wes Brown etc). Post the Spice Boys and the Butt/Scholes/Beckham era who are the world class players who have come through youth ranks at the top English teams?

Chelsea have John Terry (Sturridge came via Villa and Man City). Liverpool have Gerrard, otherwise there are some kids coming through now but no one who is established. Most of Arsenal's has Wilshire (if injury hasn't done a Ramsey on him), but otherwise the best came from other clubs originally. Man United have tried (Gibson), while the jury is out on Welbeck.

So all in all a realistic scenario is a world class player every 5 years from the local area, with a number of decent Prem/Champ quality regens and a bunch of lower league level or never-make-its making up numbers. Otherwise most of the best kids are poached from other clubs. Which is pretty much what happens in my current save.

I signed an young talented Italian LB one time, great pace and jumping. I am managing two clubs, and I thought, you know, he is Italian, lets move him over to my Juventus squad (from Sevilla) and see how he does in Italy (and swapped a promising English LB on Juve with the Italian LB on Sevilla). Turns out... He was born in Turin! But he came up through Torino's youth system! Who were in Serie B, while Juve had state-of-the-art facilities, extensive recruiting, etc!

It all turned out good in the end, but I was just shocked that my youth system could have let such a promising local player come up through Torino's rank!

The quality of the newgen will depend on facilities,junior coaching,recruitment,reputation and of course some luck.

Junior Coaching: Improves the starting CA of players from the intake

Youth Recruitment: With a larger recruitment you'll get players with higher PA

Youth Facilites: Determines the quality of the training for players under a youth contract.

How do you improve the 'youth recruitment' for your club?

Basic math says that if a club get one first team regen every season, they should always have enough locals to fill the starting 11. This isn't happening in real life.

Its hard to compare to real life because i dont think clubs sign youth players at the same day every season, havent clubs got like under 9 teams?

Also, off the top of my head, in the last ten or so years man utd have had: Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck, Chris Eagles, Frazier Campbell, John Spector, Luke Chadwick, Kieran Richardson, Corry Evans, Johnny Evans, Robbie Brady, Joe Dudgeon, Paul McShane,

Thats 13 players who are playing first team premier league/championship football from one team in the last 13 or so years, if you were managing a club on fm with the facillities and recruitment stats etc that man utd have then i think its not unreasonable to expect one eventual first team player a season.

• 2 years later...
Basic math says that if a club get one first team regen every season, they should always have enough locals to fill the starting 11. This isn't happening in real life.
Not necessarily, because that would need the club to start with 11 home grown players good enough for the first team, and to gain one for every one lost in each subsequent season. There are almost no clubs on FM15 that could put a team of home grown players out in the first season (probably only Crewe), and from what I've seen you are by no means guaranteed even one player with the POTENTIAL to play first team football, never mind one who you can slot straight in.

The first thing you have to drum into your mind in Youth Intakes is that you are never guaranteed to produce any quality whatsoever. Think of it like a lottery - you can buy one ticket, and stand little chance of winning, or you can buy one hundred tickets, and stand slightly more chance. Youth Intakes are a similar lottery - better facilities just raise your chances of getting quality youth. Terrible facilities could produce the next World star, and so could 5* ones.

Once you understand that, it makes the rest fall into place.

Does anyone know if different clubs are more likely to produce 5 star potential of certain positions then others? Because for me at stutgart every year we seem to have a 5 star AMC come through no matter what and if i am lucky a 5 star something else.

Does anyone know if different clubs are more likely to produce 5 star potential of certain positions then others? Because for me at stutgart every year we seem to have a 5 star AMC come through no matter what and if i am lucky a 5 star something else.

In a word, No i think not

Remember that the star ratings is not a 100% accurate barometer of how good a player is, Also they are only a comparison with the player you have at the club. It could be that you do not any players who are very good in the AMC postilion so taking the star ratings at face value, without looking at other things like attributes or even the rest of coach report, could make a player look better then he is.

I was once at club on Fm14 where I had a 16 year old striker who was a 5 star potential player but my strikers were extremely poor. When i brought other players in to strengthen my attacking options that players ratings quickly dropped to 2 and a half stars.

I do however believe from reading these forum believe that players generated for club will be taylored to suit your needs. So if your at a club which usually plays a straight 442 and you switch to 4231, over time you should notice more players with an amc position coming through your ranks. but im not 100% and think someone with better knowledge of the game could say if thats true or not.

Its hard to compare to real life because i dont think clubs sign youth players at the same day every season, havent clubs got like under 9 teams?

Also, off the top of my head, in the last ten or so years man utd have had: Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck, Chris Eagles, Frazier Campbell, John Spector, Luke Chadwick, Kieran Richardson, Corry Evans, Johnny Evans, Robbie Brady, Joe Dudgeon, Paul McShane,

Thats 13 players who are playing first team premier league/championship football from one team in the last 13 or so years, if you were managing a club on fm with the facillities and recruitment stats etc that man utd have then i think its not unreasonable to expect one eventual first team player a season.

I'd argue your list of players doesn't support the argument you should get one first team quality player a year (ok just realised I'm replying to a message that's 3 years old but meh). Of those 13 players, how many are good enough for Man U's first team? Fletcher, Welbeck, Johnny Evans at a push. That's 3 first team players in 13 years. The others are good enough to be first team players at lesser clubs which is hardly relevant.

I'd argue your list of players doesn't support the argument you should get one first team quality player a year (ok just realised I'm replying to a message that's 3 years old but meh). Of those 13 players, how many are good enough for Man U's first team? Fletcher, Welbeck, Johnny Evans at a push. That's 3 first team players in 13 years. The others are good enough to be first team players at lesser clubs which is hardly relevant.

Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Danny Welbeck, Chris Eagles, Frazier Campbell, John Spector, Luke Chadwick, Kieran Richardson, Corry Evans, Johnny Evans, Robbie Brady, Joe Dudgeon, Paul McShane,

Of his list those who are/were considered good enough for the first team of Manchester United;

Darren Fletcher,

Danny Welbeck,

Jonny Evans.

The rest being good enough for Premiership mid-table teams or lower.

Combined with these 'notable' youth products...

Mark Bosnich - Let go to Villa, re-bought as a first teamer.

Phil Bardsley - Premier League quality (Stoke)

David Beckham - First Teamer at United

Clayton Blackmore - Tumbled down the leagues.

Wes Brown - Good enough for United in both first team and rotation capacity and still in the Premier League.

Nicky Butt, - As with Brown, outshone by others as he got older.

Alex Bruce, - Still in the Premier League with Hull

Fraizer Campbell, - Still in the Premier League with Palace.

Tom Cleverley, - Was actually good enough for the first team, regressed to his level at Aston Villa (FM doesn't do career-stunts attribute wise well enough imo.)

Jonny Evans, - Still at United.

Darren Fletcher - Would have still been at United it if wasn't for his illness I think.

Mats Daehli, - Plodding around at Cardiff now, not sure if he's still highly rated.

Darron Gibson, - A waster at Everton, but still Prem level.

Ryan Giggs, - Don't need to say anything.

Keith Gillespie - Left for the Toon, did as well you'd expect.

Mark Hughes, - Yup.

Adnan Januzaj, - Ditto.

Joshua King, - At Blackburn

Paul McShane, - Still in the Prem at Hull.

Gary Neville, - Prem quality obviously.

Phil Neville, - Prem quality again.

John O'Shea - Prem quality again.

Gerard Pique, - Beyond Prem quality imo.

Paul Pogba, - Also good.

David Platt, - The one that got away...

Kieran Richardson - Still wasting his time in the Prem at Villa.

Giuseppe Rossi, - Fiorentina at the moment.

Robbie Savage, - Still preening.

Paul Scholes, - Prem quality

Ryan Shawcross, - Prem quality

Jonathon Spector, - Dropped away to Birmingham now, was superbly rated in FM over the years.

Danny Welbeck, - Sent packing to Arsenal as he was 'crap' and replaced by a hilariously 'crapper' Falcao.

Ron-Robert Zieler - Keeper over at Hannover, was a 'wonderkid' in FM at one point.

I could go on, but those are just the the people who have made Internationals that I can think of in the modern era (with platt and Hughes being an 80's exception). Quite a bit of Manchester United's youth products (bought or otherwise) tend to make it at some level of football.

I think in FM, unless you're superbly unlucky with the RNG you should be getting 1-2 rotation/first teamers per year, except they usually won't be first team quality for 5-6 years time. That's why I personally think youth development is rewarding for the spreadsheet manager who will have a list of the conveyor belt of players and can make snap judgements as to their worth and if they should/could be trained up.

The problem is those who expect youth products to be amazing and walk into the team aged 15-16 - which is possible and does happen, but I'd say it's a 1 every 10 years type of chance coming from your own academy. If you're happy to poach from foreign clubs, and they happen to mis-evaluate that player, then you can have a team of 16 year old first teamer wonderkids by the first regen date. ^_^

Archived