"Feels that ball control training could be improved"

I have never edited training since I started playing FM. I just hire the coaches who appear to have the best attributes and then let them deal with it. I have had problems for the first time however recently. Lots of my players feel that ball control control training could be improved. I hired some coaches with very high technique stats but this didn't cure the problem. What do I have to do to satisfy them?

Here's a screenshot of my training stats. When I took over the club it had awful ratings for youths and training and they're being worked on as we speak. We don't have the budget to increase the amount of coaches in any area even though those that we have are the best that we can afford and attract.

fcsteauabucharestsquadt.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

To be honest I don't know what he's training or how to find out. I just sign coaches and let them and my assistant work out what to do. I've never taken the time to plan training myself. I prefer to concentrate on tactics and scouting. What do I do to make him train players in this area?

While I think it's fine to have your ass man handle the training (your player will reach their potential a little bit slower than if trying to maximize their training yourself, but they'll reach their potential just the same as long as other things are optimum) but I would strongly recommend you do coaches assignment manually as automatic assignment tend to overlap coaches duties, reducing their star rating because the A.I. assigned them to too many categories

While I think it's fine to have your ass man handle the training (your player will reach their potential a little bit slower than if trying to maximize their training yourself, but they'll reach their potential just the same as long as other things are optimum) but I would strongly recommend you do coaches assignment manually as automatic assignment tend to overlap coaches duties, reducing their star rating because the A.I. assigned them to too many categories

How do I go about doing this?

I was just about to say something similar. I tend to keep 1 coach per category. Yes while giving a coach 2 or 3 assignments will reduce the workload, it will also reduce the effectiveness of the coaching as their time is split between 2 or 3 categories.

Oh just do what you just found out (your post right above mine), the only thing is if you set on auto you'd notice the coaches will be given 2 or more assignments by the A.I. usually, try to give only 1 assignment to 1 coach to maximize their star ratings if you can (but make sure the workload is still at 'light')

Edit: Beaten to the post, I type too slow :D

I was just about to say something similar. I tend to keep 1 coach per category. Yes while giving a coach 2 or 3 assignments will reduce the workload, it will also reduce the effectiveness of the coaching as their time is split between 2 or 3 categories.

Workload is more important than star rating according to experiments people have done, though I do agree with you generally.

Always go for the mixture of a main coach for each attribute and a few lesser coaches to cover a couple each.

What experiments are they Sciag? And how do people find time, a season takes so long and there are so many factors that change such as form and injuries every game!

Would be nice for an official guide, sometimes frustrating to not know how you could improve before its far to late

Archived