Bug in match engine!

I've just played a game against Chelsea as Barcelona and lost 1-0.

But just look at these stats - we had 70% possession, 25 shots to their 4. Hit the post twice. Had the ball cleared off the line a couple of times. Yet they won?

This MUST be a bug! I even forgot to save the game just before the match so I could play it again.

The game is so unrealistic.

Every time there is a game like this IRL, a thread exactly like this appears

Indeed.

It seems it justifies it happening every other game on some saves.

It is as bad as the "teams know how good your are so that is why you can not win" argument.

I'd say it's a tactical issue.

I'd go with an 80's Wimbledon-esque tactic myself. All that pretty stuff counts for nothing, if you can't score goals and cripple a few opponents along the way. :)

I would say ...lets wait for the return leg and see if Chelsea get away with everything they did in the first match.

The OP's Barcelona team did everything right except put the ball in the net,this was the away leg for them and the CPU team that was Chelsea got away with it.

I feel things will be different once the OP's barca side plays the home leg.

Slight difference to tonight and some FM games is that Barca's chances fell to players who are prone to missing. Fabregas has been know to fluff a few and that last chance probably fell to the wrong player in the entire Barca team. I suspect if all the chances had fallen to Messi it would have been 4-1. Whereas in FM we have all had games where it's your top striker fluffing the chances!!

Would be very interested to know though if anyone has had any success in FM playing the way Chelsea did tonight?

I'd say it's a tactical issue.

I'd go with an 80's Wimbledon-esque tactic myself. All that pretty stuff counts for nothing, if you can't score goals and cripple a few opponents along the way. :)

Aah the crazy gang. If only there was a team runnin around like that today....

Slight difference to tonight and some FM games is that Barca's chances fell to players who are prone to missing. Fabregas has been know to fluff a few and that last chance probably fell to the wrong player in the entire Barca team. I suspect if all the chances had fallen to Messi it would have been 4-1. Whereas in FM we have all had games where it's your top striker fluffing the chances!!

Would be very interested to know though if anyone has had any success in FM playing the way Chelsea did tonight?

I've done it a few times, an example below:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296729-This-game-can-be-so-unfair....

Archived