My Greatest FM Achievement, with a couple of problems

In my current save I am Hull City, just finished the 5th season.

In my first season I finished 5th, winning the playoff final 3-1. Predicted mid table.

Second season finished 11th. Predicted 19th.

Third season I finshed 5th, qualifying for the Europa League, and lost in the league cup final to Blackpool, who finished 10th in the Championship. Predicted 13th.

Season 4 I finished 2nd, by a couple of points, and got to the semi final of the Europa League, losing to eventual winners Leverkusen. Predicted 7th.

Season 5 I finished 2nd again (predicted 7th again), going on a 25 game unbeaten streak after a dodgy start due to experimenting with tactics, losing the FA Cup final to Man City 2-1 after dominating the game, giving Man City 8 wins and 1 draw against me. My last game of the season was against Man City again, in the Champions League final, where I went to a 2-0 lead after half time, Nigel De Jong got sent off after 54 mins, then Man City scored in the 67th minute and Aguero scored a screamer in the 91st minute to equalize. I missed the first penalty but recovered to win 4-3 on penalties. Hull City win the Champions League!!!

Im pretty pleased with myself, normally my long term FM saves are with big clubs, managed ten years at man utd on fm11, and ten years on fm10 with birmingham (6 months) psv (2 seasons) sevilla (1 season) and chelsea (6 seasons), and this is the first time ive ever managed to make a success for myself with my home town club, Ive managed to keep wages reasonable, noone is over 50k a week still, Im making a profit every season, its going pretty well.

My problems with it are:

I can no longer ask to expand the stadium, in the editor it says the expansion capacity is 30,000, we reached this at the end of the second season, and still pack it out every week. Am I going to have to wait til the stadiums been built for 20 years before I can get any increase in my seating capacity? In real life I know the KC was built with the intention to increase the capacity if Hull established themselves in the prem, Im pretty sure though that if unimagined success came, for example european football and trophies, the local geography would allow for further extension.

It is only following the Champions League win that I have made it onto the favoured personnel list, which is odd, as knowing the club as I do, I think legendary status would have been achieved with the 5th place and cup final, seeing as Hull have never had European football, or been in a major final. Even if this would not ensure legendary status, the Champions League final would probably lead to them renaming the city after me, they wanted to rename a major road after Dean Windass in real life, and he only scored a volley in the play offs!

I still havent won manager of the year, and have only won manager of the month a handful of times, which is fair enough I suppose, as it wasnt until the fifth season that I was able to put together a strong run of wins within a month, usually I would lose or draw against a bigger team and this was the reason I assumed I wasnt winning, however I think that in real life taking a team like Hull with continued over achievement every season would lead to some recognition.

I dont want this to be seen as a moan, I am really enjoying my save, just those things are taking me out of the moment a lil bit!

Had the same problem. If you look in the Hull City thread in the Good Player and Team guide you will see this problem on a few saves.

I got mine to 38k but have probably given up on my save due to the slowness of the game. I won the quadruple on two separate occasions with city with a 3 season world wide wander in between. I think if I stayed on with the save for 2 more seasons I might get a new ground but as I opened up new leagues my player database increased to a quarter of a million players which makes the game unplayable.

Good luck with your save and hope you get a new ground

Archived