selling players after 'recent arrival'

can somebody please explain to me why you cant sell players straight away after youve signed them? i understand their 'reluctance to leave due to their recent arrival', but if you have just started managing a club and you dont fancy them and didnt sign them, then why cant you sell them on? it wasnt an issue a number of FMs back but i find it a strange and silly hinderance. lets face it, it hardly stopped joey beauchamp and dietmar hamann!

Because years ago you could sing 30 free transers in the summer and sell them all a week later for money and it was bascially a cheat. There are only a few examples of players leaving right after joining, its so rare its hardly worth following.

The OP is talking about players that are already at a club when he takes over as manager, surely it could be implemented that recently signed players already at the club are only willing to leave in those specific circumstances (somewhat like the staff situation).

The OP is talking about players that are already at a club when he takes over as manager, surely it could be implemented that recently signed players already at the club are only willing to leave in those specific circumstances (somewhat like the staff situation).

I think you should re-read the OP,

can somebody please explain to me why you cant sell players straight away after youve signed them?

so no he isnt talking about when you take over a club, he is talking about when he has signed a player.

I think you should re-read the OP,

so no he isnt talking about when you take over a club, he is talking about when he has signed a player.

Yes, I should re-read the OP.

"but if you have just started managing a club and you dont fancy them and didnt sign them, then why cant you sell them on?"

How about the fact the club has just spent a hefty fee for signing-on and agents?

Also there are rules these days about how many clubs a player can sign for in a year, so this could be a problem.

A part of being a football manager is taking on deadwood that the previous manager has left you with. If a club has too much for you to handle, don't take the job.

It can be annoying but it's part of the challenge to manage what you have and try to get rid of the deadwood as fast as possible, normally by January you can start getting rid of those that were reluctant to leave the club.

I've started a save with FSV Frankfurt, a club with small revenue but with a high wage bill that doesn't really reflect on quality of the squad(one of the worst in the league) it's being incredibly fun.

The post you quoted had nothing to do with me sticking up for anything, i didnt even defend the game, i said before people could cheat, now they cannot. Try reading a bit better.

I find it amazing that i cant make a post about anything without it being deemed as me defending the game, get a grip.

I could easily quote a whole load of post where you are defending the game. My main issues with the post that I quoted is how rude you were and how much self awareness you truly lack considering you never read peoples posts. You just jump on them if there's a hint of criticism.

Archived