players & agents spotting they cant get a work permit. idea for FM13

i think a good idea for FM13 would be for players and agents to recognise that they probably cant get a work permit for your team, instead of negotiating a contract and tying up finances and wasting all parties time.

Then maybe just your assistant manager/or suitable coach gives a comment underneath where you bid for the player/ offer contract.

"There is a very slim chance XXXXX will gain a work permit."

A few years ago, FM used to have something like this. When offering a contract the assistant would put his word in.

Then maybe just your assistant manager/or suitable coach gives a comment underneath where you bid for the player/ offer contract.

"There is a very slim chance XXXXX will gain a work permit."

A few years ago, FM used to have something like this. When offering a contract the assistant would put his word in.

yeah it did. i think i would like that feature to return. im sick of getting excited by potential new signings, waiting a week only to be told they cant have a WP. granted, i should probably be better at spotting who maybe cant get a WP but sometimes its not always the case. a little help from my ass man, the agent or the player wouldnt go a miss to stop me wasting my time.

Use the following as a rough guide:

1 - Is the player currently representing his country?

2 - Do you think he has a high Potential Ability?

If you answered yes to both, there's a good chance you can get a Work Permit.

If you answered yes to (1), there's a decent chance you can get a Work Permit.

If you answered yes to (2), there's a small chance you can get a Work Permit.

If the answer to the above two is "No", don't bother.

Of course you might still decide to try, but at least this will help you set proper expectations. Or, you know, don't sign people you can't scout. That's probably safer anyways ;-)

Archived