Troubleshoot my league progression diagram (England Italy Spain France Brazil Scotland)

I've been working on a diagram that explains progression through the league systems featured in the "hero" achievements (England, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, and Scotland). In many cases, however, my firsthand knowledge is lacking and I was hoping that posters on this forum could fill in some of the gaps. To start with, which clubs participate in Scotland's Keyline Challenge Cup Tournament?

But more generally, please spot any errors you can in what I have so far:

67tftv.png

[Edited to fix Scotland's European qualifications]

I thought you were talking about the regular challenge cup but after googling it it's a pre-season cup apparently, this wasn't on FM11 i think so it must be a new addition for FM12?

On France only professional clubs on the Championnat enter the League Cup and i thought that on Italy, Serie C teams don't enter the cup or at least not all of them.

It's a very good looking diagram.

As I understand it, the Coupe de la Ligue is "open to professional clubs in France, which play in country's top three football divisions, though only two professional clubs currently play in the Championnat National." I should indicate it as pros-only for clarity, but my rule of thumb has been to extend cups to all leagues from which they draw competitors, even if membership in that league does not automatically qualify clubs for that cup. (For example, the Copa del Rey only includes an elite subset of Segunda B.)

Somewhat similarly, the Coppa Italia's first stage includes 36 clubs from the C and D levels. This isn't anywhere near all of them, and I'm confused about how they're selected, and they're put into a meatgrinder that shunts them out of the running before anyone starts caring (phase 2), but since clubs from C1 and C2 apparently compete... actually I should make the bottom of the cup open to indicate the presence of Serie D clubs as well.

I do intend to overhaul cup criteria in several places when I have a better grip on the specifics.

And now, it's time for Sins of Football Competition Terminology, by nation:

England, the familiar old shame on you for having non-league leagues, and a League 1 on the third tier, and the Championship on the second tier, and Conference National below four national leagues...

Scotland, if the Scottish Cup is known as the Scottish Challenge Cup, you can't have another cup called the Scottish Challenge Cup.

Italy, this Lega Pro First and Seconde Divisione nonsense has got to stop. It's C1 and C2. Sides above the Lega Pro are still professional. No idea what you were thinking.

France, I understand "Championnat" is an exciting word, but is it really appropriate for every tier to use it, including the CFA2?

Spain, I think the Segunda B is enough of a drop that it should have a different kind of name, but I'll let you off with a warning. Although in future, please consider my suggestion for a replacement, "League That Includes Reserve Sides From Famous Clubs." In Spanish, of course.

Brazil... you're good. Please try to have more straightforward cup qualification criteria, if it's not too much trouble, but top marks on nomenclature.

Edit: It's become impossible for me to look at this thing and not think of

Archived