One of the most hilariously stupid mistakes ever!

So i thought i'd share a story of something that just happened to me, i wondered if anyone had done a similiar thing.

It was a champions league game in 2018, I was Lazio at home to Porto, whilst Werder bremen were away to Partizan. I needed a better result than Werder to progress and so far Porto had won every game in the group. I had a pretty decent start to the game but after some terrible goalkeeping we were 2-1 down in the 38th minute (2 shots 2 goals) so in my frustration i subbed my goalkeeper off (for the usual starter who had been in a rough patch of form) We equalised just after this change and went in at 2-2.

I was fairly annoyed with one of my strikers so after doing the team talk without thinking i dragged the substitute striker to replace the lowest highlighted player on the screen, which is of course usually a striker. It was only after clicking play id realised that highlighted player was the goalie id earlier subbed on!!!

So of course i was panicking now as i realised any shot on target would probably sail into the goal, so i changed my philosophy to "overload" in an attempt to get away with it... It wasnt until the 74th minute this happened off a freekick, 3-2 down and out the champions league. (ill add we also already missed a penalty). Until suddenly in the 82nd minute one of my strikers popped up with a cheeky poachers goal. Followed by another in the 86th, then 88th and then the 90th. Despite playing with a striker in goal we went on the win 6-3 with Werder darwing 0-0. Considering how much they'd been outplaying us it was possibly one of the flukiest victories ive ever watched...

One of the lads that plays in a network game i play in was playing a cup final where in error he subbed his kpr off for a cb instead of the rb he was wanting. He played the remainder of the match and extra time sweating and cursing every time the opposition got near his penalty area. Everyone playing in the network game entered his game to watch the hilarious proceeding. At penalties his cb in goals never even attempted to dive , just stood still as every penalty flew past him, miraculously his players never missed any and it finally went to goalies in sudden-death . Knowing that their goalie just needed to get it on target to score, the incredulous cheers from the Skype headsets as he blazed high over the bar was hilarious. Up stepped the unlikely CM/Goalie/Hero to thunder home the winning penalty in style into the top corner. I think it has got to be one of the most funniest moments in my network game history and i have been gaming since 2000

LOL, I don't even keep a GK on the bench. Haven't done so for 20 years (of game time) and still haven't regretted it! It allows me to have a LB, CB, RB, MF, LW, ST, ST on the bench, which means I can always replace someone with a player who plays in the same position, I don't have to move the formation around to suit a substitute. And it helps get the youth experience, because if I am comfortably winning I am not going to sub in a veteran goalpoacher, I will bring in one of the promising up-and-comers! I guess not having my GK do much tackling has helped, haven't had an injury or red card to the GK in that time!

One of the lads that plays in a network game i play in was playing a cup final where in error he subbed his kpr off for a cb instead of the rb he was wanting. He played the remainder of the match and extra time sweating and cursing every time the opposition got near his penalty area. Everyone playing in the network game entered his game to watch the hilarious proceeding. At penalties his cb in goals never even attempted to dive , just stood still as every penalty flew past him, miraculously his players never missed any and it finally went to goalies in sudden-death . Knowing that their goalie just needed to get it on target to score, the incredulous cheers from the Skype headsets as he blazed high over the bar was hilarious. Up stepped the unlikely CM/Goalie/Hero to thunder home the winning penalty in style into the top corner. I think it has got to be one of the most funniest moments in my network game history and i have been gaming since 2000

Haha thats probably one of the best FM stories ive ever heard! Class

CB was meant to come on for a crocked RB. Didn't do the switch in the drop down. Next thing I see is keeper walking off and CB going in nets. Yep, it was funny, eventually.

Cheers Dogs, thanks for the public humiliation!

Archived