How to become a legend

Hello everyone and thanks for reading this thread.

I am playing FM12 with the most recent update and an issue has come to my attention regarding how legend status is awarded.

I have started a game when the new patch came out taking over Motherwell in the SPL. For those of us that don’t really know Scottish football Motherwell generally finish in the top 6 of the SPL. One of their better seasons in recent memory was the 2010/2011 season when I believe they finished in the top 4 and also made the final of one of the cups, which they lost to Celtic.

I decided to take over Motherwell in my most recent save after the January transfer window patch. My main reason for this was they were a good team and that my favorite team, Rangers, had too easy an out in the recent patch.

I took over Motherwell and proceeded to win the next 4 league titles, 2 League cups and 2 Scottish cups. Also I qualified for the group stage of the CL all bar one of those occasions in Europe and that occasion I qualified for the Europa league and went to the ¼ finals. Yet I am still not even listed as an Icon, I am a favored personnel.

Now I am not a Motherwell fan but I believe if any manager had achieved that they would be an ultimate legend in Motherwell History. If there are any Motherwell fans on here then please give me your opinion.

EDIT: Sorry i forgot my main reason for posting. Is this an ongoing problem, the difficulty to achieve legend status despite amazing results. Or is this an isolated result problem?

Yeah the system is useless it doesn't take into account clubs history. I think Neil Warnock, is an Icon for taking Sheffield United to the premier league despite going straight back down. This being they hadn't been the Barclays PL for some time. If we did this on a save we wouldn't get that recognition. If a manager did that at Motherwell, looking at the European history and stuff, they would be considered an Icon if not a legend, although I would say for Legend status these are usually long serving people.

I achieved the same as you have with Motherwell, again for me to be only favoured personnel. As mentioned above, its the amount of silverware you bring to the club. In my current game, starting with Motherwell, moving to Fiorentina and to where I am just now at Real Madrid I have won everything. I am a Real Madrid legend and greatest all time manager in my save because of the amount of trophie i've won. Bring Champs League glory to Fir Park and im sure you'll reach legendary.

It could do with some tweaking. Especially when you compare how easy it can be for some players to get Icon or legend status.

For example in my current save I've taken Friska Vijor from the 2nd Division North to the First Division Elite, made it to the play offs, toppled premiership teams in cups etc. Two minor titles and promotions over 5 seasons. A striker I bought when I started is a club icon, and I'm just on the favoured list. Now I don't mind only being on the favoured staff list as I've not done a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but if my striker is an Icon then I think I definitely should be as well!

Seems rather random to me. I was managing Ajax for two seasons. Won the league twice. Won the Dutch Cup twice. Managed a Champions League semi-final. Listed as a club legend. Two league and cup doubles with Ajax should be standard fare for them. Nothing out of the ordinary and yet I was a legend.

Left Ajax for AC Milan, won the league 8 consecutive years and 5 consecutive Champions League titles (7 in total over a period of 10 years) and wasn't listed anywhere amongst Legends, Icons or Favoured.

Needs to be implemented on a club to club basis.

Here`s an example...A non league club as a Legend listed and all he did was was win promotion to the BSP and win the FA Trophy, yet I take them to the EPL and win an FA Cup on the way yet i am only considered an icon.....ABSOLUTE RUBBISH, i should hold the key to the city :) and have the town renamed in my honour for all the fame i have brought this crappy little village :)

I do feel that it should be relative to your club. Players are easier to get an icon or legend status than a manager, but I like the challenge of having to fight your way to the very top and crushing everyone to get to Legend status. I've won two league titles with Tenerife, one in the Segunda B1 and one in La Liga, back to back promotions, the clubs first time in the Champions League and getting to the Quarter Finals and most importantly having a Scot happy and content in scoring goals for Tenerife without complaining of sunburn and I have just squeaked into the Favoured Personnel list.

Odd. Ended the season with a title win and promotion and now I'm a legend. So that's 3 titles at the 4th, 3rd and 2nd Swedish tiers. So in the grand scheme of things nothing massive but fairly big for Friska I guess.

It is a bit of a joke tbh.

I have taken Nuneaton from the BSN to the Championship,I have also taken them too the semi final of the FA cup and won the FA trophy.

This is a club that only started in 2008 and I took over in 2012 and after back too back too back promotions I am considered a "favoured personal".

I have my work cut out for me in the Championship and feel it may be a bridge too far as I still have a small stadium and a very small budget but I feel with what I have brought too such a small club a should be held in better regard.

Quick update on my progress. I have now won 5 league title in a row. Won 2 Scottish cups and 3 league cups. Got to the CL group stages all bar once. Best result is Europa league 2nd knockout round.

I am still not even an Icon yet one of my players who has only been at the club 3 seasons is. I can understand the Players getting Icon status as he has scored over 60 goals a season and won the European golden boot. As i am the manager getting these results out of him surely i should be recognised as an Icon.

I feel based on the results i have achieved with a club like Motherwell i should definately be a legend at Motherwell. I dont know if there are and Motherwell fans on here to confirm my belief but i bet if a real manager had achieved this at the club they would be a god never mind a legend.

It doesnt really matter now as i have taken the FC Bayern job.

Yeah its annoying. I took Yeovil from league 2 to Prem and FA cup double and have only just been added to favoured personnel! Also reached semi-finals of the champs league knocking out the holders (lyons) in the first knockout round and coming from 3-1 down (4-1 on aggregate) away at the san siro with 10 men to beat Inter 4-3 in the 2nd half (4-4 on aggregate through on away goals!). The next season i beat Real Madrid in the quarters! In that time 2 players that helped me to get to the prem but were not prem quality got icon status! They deserved it, but surely i deserve it as well!

I won the Serie A with Bologna, and in the same season won the Europa League, and an Italian Cup Final which was lost. (After five years with the club including a promotion and consistent year-on-year improvement). It got me onto the favoured personnel list, but at the start of the next season I wasn't on it anymore. Not sure what happened... I guess there's an annual 'adjustment' of some kind and if I get follow-up success I may be able to stay on that list.

Funnily enough Fuzzrab i just managed to make it onto Rangers Legends list (my first time ever in FM so thats nice). 2017.

6 SPL wins on the trot (9 in a row including real life).

5 Scottish and League cup wins on the trot (so 5 trebles in a row).

1st and 3rd seasons i got knocked out of Champions league in the group stages and made it a couple of rounds into the Europa cup.

2nd, 4th and 5th seasons i made the CL last 16.

6th season i made the CL last 8.

Club has grown to £115 million in value, stadium at 64k capacity, My two strikers have scored 530 goals in 501 games between them, (two euro Golden boot wins and 4 top 3 runner up places).

SPL is now 11th best competition in Europe, actually ahead of Portugal's league now.

im a legend at AFC Wimbledon and I've only won league 2, championship and the fa cup but it had only taken 5 years to do that

surely its based on the club and how successful they have been in their history

Hehe,tell that to my Nuneaton fan base.

I started the save with them and got them promoted each season,I won the FA trophy and got too the semi final of the FA cup,as I said above I thought I would have my work cut out for me in the Championship but I am on course for the Premiership with 12 games to go...also I just this second won the league cup!(The league cup win leaves a bitter taste as I even beat Man Utd on the way too the final but I did not know a single player in their team,it was full of kids that would never make my squad).

So I now have Nuneaton in the Euro league,looking like promotion to the Premiership,a squad I do not have to add too many players to compete in the Premiership(I only sign players under 23 so these guys will only get better)and I am still a "favoured person".

It seems a bit strange.

Oh and on a side note I ask the board to expand the stadium to which they answer they see no point as they do not see anymore fans coming to the games ....I have a 5k stadium that is filled every home game and there is a good chance of promotion to the Premiership..the only thing keeping me afloat this season was my League cup run and the money it made,I was hoping for the same thing in the FA cup but Wigan took me out in the 3rd round.

In my save Andrew Proctor played 511 games for Accrington Stanley in his carreer, scored 52 goals for the club, and his performance was good enough all this time, but he received only favourite personnel status. He did not become icon or legend.

Well I just got made an icon,Not sure what pushed me over the edge but having got Nuneaten to the Premiership and got through the rounds into the Euro League I am now an Icon.

Not sure how long it will last as after 12 games in the Premiership I have won 4 drawn 2 and lost 6,I do have games in hand and it seems the new signings maybe coming good...time will tell.

The thing that is really annoying me at the moment is my board wasting money.

They have decided to improve my stadium too 12.5k...great!

I am at this moment using Coventry City's stadium and getting crowds of 20K+..

I know what will happen,The new stand will be finished in March but come the end of the season they will decide too build a new stadium...such a waste of 11 million.

Seems to happen all the time with this game.

Anyway 1st things 1st I have too keep my team in this league for it to matter.

• 1 year later...

You know you replied to a thread two years old right? :p

It's still relevant though. I have taken FC United from Skrill North to League 1, and I'm still favoured personell. Surely three promotions in five years should make me a club legend or an icon

You know you replied to a thread two years old right? :p

It's still relevant though. I have taken FC United from Skrill North to League 1, and I'm still favoured personell. Surely three promotions in five years should make me a club legend or an icon

Yup same here more or less. I think the whole thing should become more "scalable" and depend on each team's history. I mean for example a team that has never reached the top Division would certainly consider the manager that suddenly managed that a legend. The game doesn't seem to recognize that though. It doesn't seem to difficult to implement either, some basic checks are only needed :)

• 6 months later...

I'm a legend at Verona, where i got them promoted to Serie A, won a couple of national cups, won the league a few times.

Yet at kilmarnock i won the league all the time, won the champions league and almost all the cups. i guess being a Icon is ok tho.

It can be very subjective. I'm managing Uniao da Madeira, beginning in the Portuguese 2nd division. In the first season, we won the league and were promoted to the 1st division. In the second season, we finished 6th overall and qualified for the Europa League. We also were a finalist for their FA Cup, but lost. In the third season, we finished 3rd and qualified for Champions League and we also the losing finalist in their League Cup.

So, only 1 league title and no other trophies in 3 seasons and I'm listed as a legend already. I was surprised as how fast this happened, but it goes to show that it can.

Archived