off field events increasing determination?

I think it's just a random event that you can't do anything about. There is a similar news message announcing a determination drop. You can check the attribute development of a player by clicking on an attribute on his profile page.

I've only seem the bad versions. Twice it was a massive loss in determination (ten points I think), and the other time it was a loss of ambition. All three were transfer listed immediately afterwards, cruel it maybe but I can't be bother re-tutoring players who I've already spent years tutoring.

Had a guy called Danny Blackwell, happened to him his determination went from 12 to 17, following that I had a series of messages saying how he was training well, and how the assistant was encouraged. He was 21 at the time. On his way out of the club he hadn't developed as I had wished dropped to 3rd choice left back. That random event changed his career. Had green arrows in most attributes quickly raised at star in CA. Broke into the first team a year later. Still there at 24.

Archived