Tribunal?

I've just signed a pretty good 16 year old from Gainsborough for my Carlisle side, and literally days after I signed him, I noticed Oldham were looking to sign him under 'tribunal'.

Does anyone know what this means?

Here's the player mentioned:

19118385.jpg

Not totally sure but I think when you signed him because of his age he could only sign a youth contract. This means that other clubs can just go in and offer him a contract without having to agree terms with yourself first and if he accepts the fee is decided by a tribunal.

I Had a promising winger poached that way before... It just means that a player without a proffessional contract (under 17) will be held to a tribunal or court hearing to decide upon a contract and you will be compensated with a fee.

What do your coaches rate him for potential?

That's strange. In older versions, players used to not want to move in the first six months of signing for a new club. They would refuse to talk to you even if the club accepted the offer.

What do your coaches rate him for potential?

I've just got into the Championship, has a potential off 176 (I used Genie Scout as I was intrigued), signed him from Gainsborough, and my scout rates him as a top Premiership midfielder.

Fortunately, Oldham didn't get him, but I do have Man City, Utd and Barcelona after him under the same issue.

I literally signed him on the 24th, and by the 26th Oldham wanted him..

That's strange. In older versions, players used to not want to move in the first six months of signing for a new club. They would refuse to talk to you even if the club accepted the offer.

It doesn't say that the player wants to move.

It says that Oldham & now Barcelona/Man City are interested in signing him and if they did it price would depend on a tribunal.

Have you offered him a professional deal yet? If not get him to agree to one now that he will sign when he turns 17yo.

Have you offered him a professional deal yet? If not get him to agree to one now that he will sign when he turns 17yo.

Yep, offered him a new contract as soon as he signed for me, yet, still has interest from other clubs.

Archived