This shouldn't have happened

Rawr! Just venting but really this should not have happened...

Panno (My LB) was right on top of Agbonlahor, but instead of trying to tackled him off the ball or at least shadow him he ran back to go to his Left position... the tactic is fluid, he could've easily shadowed Agbonlahor while one of CD take his place on the left or something, it makes no sense for Panno to just leave someone that he could've handle to have a free run like that...

The only excuse I'm willing to give is that it's just one of those away goals that's just forced to happen...

It's not the player either btw, his det is 20, agg 18, acc/pace 16 so he most definitely combative and can keep up with agbonlahor...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/594716355935517427/89CF6235E9B0D455E2D61A307BE631CC522F0B82/

It's a known bug with set-piece positioning within the ME, by chance did you have him set to specifically man-mark one of the opposition players?

Barside: He's man-marked to his opposite MR (although not tight marked)... I guess that's what caused him to move away? But then again I've seen players that got a man-marked assignment to leave his marker to help out another defender not sure why he didn't do it here

Here's the problem.

With zonal marking you can defend in the way you just described in your first post. He would have followed Agbonlahor and the DC would fall in his DL place instead.

Barside: He's man-marked to his opposite MR (although not tight marked)... I guess that's what caused him to move away? But then again I've seen players that got a man-marked assignment to leave his marker to help out another defender not sure why he didn't do it here

Specific man-marking is bugged, he should have followed the striker but the ME cannot cope with this conflict & will push the defender to immediately pick up his assigned man regardless of a greater nearby threat.

You can still use general man-marking which should prevent this happening, I'd avoid zonal marking as IMO it relies on a more coherent team structure with players pairing up against attacking players & again this is something that the ME cannot cope with.

As for specific man-marking jobs this should only be something done by a CM/DM as it is the only way to maintain your overall shape, wide players & CB's (unless there is a 3rd CB to cover) should never be assigned to mark a payer out of the game be that in FM or irl.

Ty Eles & Barside.

I never try general man-marking on my backs, I'll try that next time thanks. I haven't use zonal marking on backs for a long time since it works very weirdly... worst case scenario and it happen quite a lot with zonal is that when my back was on the opponent wing he'd shadow him UNTIL the opponent's back get into his defensive zone without my wing shadowing then what will happen is my back will go running toward the incoming opponent back and leaving the wing that he was on free inside the box... crazy xD

Archived