Will reinstalling automatically update my game?

Without going into the usual sob story that many on these forums have heard time and time again, I have found FM 12 from the 12.2 patch onwards to be far too difficult for my status as a casual player. 12.1 was great fun, and I had built a side (without delving too much into the tactical analysis) that, although not winning anything major, at least had solid midtable finishes over about a ten year period.

With the advent of the 12.2 series of patches however, I just can't win, or even draw, and the game simply isn't much fun. Attempts with 4 different sides have lead to stone-cold last place positions, after 10 games with each, with morale constantly stuck at 'Abysmal'.

I'll be honest, I'm unwilling to go searching for tactical/team psychology theorems to overcome this 12.2 difficulty- I just want something like what I had in 12.1.

Now my question is- if I reinstall the game, will it automatically update itself to 12.2? I realise that I cant choose the 12.1 patch again, but I'm willing to play a buggy, first release (12.0.0) game that's fun, rather than what I've got installed now (which I just don't play anymore). In other words, is there a way I can stop it updating during the install?

Archived