Agent Fees

Is it just me or are agent demands incredibly unrealistic at times? For example when trying to sign a player for Liverpool, the agent wanted £7m. I know they make a lot but that seems ridiculous. As it happenned, I could offer everything the player would have wanted except an agent fee of just £3m, so he didn't sign. I don't really think its realistic for a player not to sign with your club as you only offered their agent £3m for facilitating the transfer. Or maybe I'm behind the times and don't understand the importance of agents in the modern day....

It does seem like an unnecessary complication. The agent's fee should really be determined by the player and come out of the player's wages. The worst experience is when a player refuses a contract that an agent already agreed to because he feels that the agent deserved more money. Huh?

"The worst experience is when a player refuses a contract that an agent already agreed to because he feels that the agent deserved more money"

Thankfully I never had this happen to me, I'd probably be very miffed... probably going to transfer list the player if one ever pull that off :p.

As far as Agents fee goes I think if the player's 'very interested' in signing a new contract with you then after you give an offer that you feel acceptable and it's acceptable to the player too, then lock everything except for agent fees and play low ball... sometimes I get the agent to bite the lower fee, others I won't and I just renegotiate sometime later (I've read somewhere that agents can be fired by players too if they got what they asked for but can't sign a new contract because of high agent's fee... never that happen to me though it would be sweet :p)

Following on that, the "interest" of the player probably needs to be more important, if a player is very interested the agent should give in a lot easier on negotiations and if he isn't all that interested than only a good bid will convince him to come, i know that it already works like this but it needs to have a greater effect.

Archived