:( Chairman sold Ochoa, Zapata, and Nihat for $0.00

oo... I get it. You wanted me to prove it(thats why the screenshots were asked)?

Wtf... lol... why would I make this up!?

It is very sad/scary that this game is so significant/precious to your lives that you became cynical to a point where you suspect one would just make things up?

Why would ANYONE spend their time to come here and make up something? Only someone who takes this game a LITTLE TOO(pitifully and sadly) seriously would think the game is paramount enough to come online, and make up faults about it.

Seriously... wtf? Get out. Go jog around a park or something. Stop pressing F5 to refresh this page and go outside and see the sun.

I SINCERELY apologize if I seem disrespectful, but I just got struck with a feeling of pity. Do people like you exist?

Originally posted by we6boss:

oo... I get it. You wanted me to prove it(thats why the screenshots were asked)?

Wtf... lol... why would I make this up!?

It is very sad/scary that this game is so significant/precious to your lives that you became cynical to a point where you suspect one would just make things up?

Why would ANYONE spend their time to come here and make up something? Only someone who takes this game a LITTLE TOO(pitifully and sadly) seriously would think the game is paramount enough to come online, and make up faults about it.

Seriously... wtf? Get out. Go jog around a park or something. Stop pressing F5 to refresh this page and go outside and see the sun.

I SINCERELY apologize if I seem disrespectful, but I just got struck with a feeling of pity. Do people like you exist?

Calm down. Do you want a warning?

screen shots where asked for because ITS been heard of one player been sold for a decent amount of money to the chairman..but never 3 players leaving for free due to the chairman accepting it.

This could be a major bug but without screenshots nothing can be done about it.

But if we are all that wraped up in the game to ask for proof then why did you bother posting it?

i wasent looking for a debate about if you lied or not...

Lmao? Do I want a warning? Lol.. please do not reprimand me in this society filled with the amalgamation of camaraderie and accord. Wow,,, this isn't Lost.

1st off, I did not anything wrong.

Secondly, I am calm, just really shocked at some people's pitiful outlook.

Thanksfully, I live in a city and I have tangible people to communicate to.

You should warn yourselves that winning a UEFA cup in FM will only give paltry and spurious satisfaction. Seriously, be productive and stop living in la-la land.

Where is the star-trek convention?

Originally posted by x42bn6:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. In other words, if you make a claim, you're expected to prove it, not for others to prove the opposite.

See Burden of Proof.

WHS. Also since u seem to think we are THAT wrapped up in the game closing your game after the players where sold could b seen as cheating icon_wink.gif

and BTW... my original post WAS true.

But who cares(and I can really careless about any warning/ban/"punishment").

YOu guys got more serious things to think about.

Good day and I apologize if I hurt or disrespected anyone. That was not my intention.

Lmao? Do I want a warning? Lol.. please do not reprimand me in this society filled with the amalgamation of camaraderie and accord. Wow,,, this isn't Lost.

1st off, I did not anything wrong.

Secondly, I am calm, just really shocked at some people's pitiful outlook.

Thanksfully, I live in a city and I have tangible people to communicate to.

You should warn yourselves that winning a UEFA cup in FM will only give paltry and spurious satisfaction. Seriously, be productive and stop living in la-la land.

Where is the star-trek convention?

Oh. you got lost on the way to the star trek convention did you? Look I'm involved on an argument every other day on these forum, and I win most of them, so you're nothing.

and BTW... my original post WAS true.

But who cares(and I can really careless about any warning/ban/"punishment").

YOu guys got more serious things to think about.

Good day and I apologize if I hurt or disrespected anyone. That was not my intention.

i dont remember any1 accusing you of lying we just asked for proof

good day

Look I'm involved on an argument every other day on these forum, and I win most of them, so you're nothing.

THANK YOU. Perfect way to epitomize what I was talking about.

I really hope that post was sarcastic/just playing along, for your sake.

Everyone should read that quote and examine yourselves.

This is ridiculous first of all you come on this forum reporting perhaps a major bug in FM 08 and you also have the cheek to lose your temper at someone simply asking you for a screenshot. Without the screenshot nobody can identify the trouble your having with the game.

I did not lose my temper. I am quite serene. Its just that the accusation was so pitiful and superfluous, it exemplies a lot more about yourselves; a lot of things you need to fix and improve yourselves. Start off by giving youself a time off these forums.

I did not lose my temper. I am quite serene. Its just that the accusation was so pitiful and superfluous, it exemplies a lot more about yourselves; a lot of things you need to fix and improve yourselves. Start off by giving youself a time off these forums.

I'm reretting to think what will happen when it's the summer holidays when people like you will be around akk the time.

you started to go off topic by stating what you felt about other people and there lifes..when you dont know them? and you call us pitiful

Now can we please get back on topic by asking if anyone else has had a problem as extreme as this with there chairman?

If I may just add something 'constructive' here.

I seem to recall that my chairman once allowed a player to leave on a free. I assumed that it was because I was in the middle of a financial crisis and they were looking at cost effective ways to trim the wage bill.

No screenie obviously as I paid little attention to it as it made sense once I evaluated it.

Originally posted by Cometdude:

I seem to recall that my chairman once allowed a player to leave on a free. I assumed that it was because I was in the middle of a financial crisis and they were looking at cost effective ways to trim the wage bill.

No screenie obviously as I paid little attention to it as it made sense once I evaluated it.

Thanks for the post.

The club I am managing is in debt by like 20 million euros but they are star players that I payed over 70 million, just so the chairman can allow them to leave by accepting $0.00 offers.

Makes no sense and the game should be programed to be a little bit more cognizant than that

now were geting somewhere icon_smile.gif might not be a screenie but we have detailsicon_biggrin.gif

now where you in a financial crisis we6boss?

Thanks for the post.

The club I am managing is in debt by like 20 million euros but they are star players that I payed over 70 million, just so the chairman can allow them to leave by accepting $0.00 offers.

Makes no sense and the game should be programed to be a little bit more cognizant than that

Not necessarily. What's your clubs turnover and any other debt? If getting shot of those players stabilised a increasing debt problem then it would seem sensible.

Also - were you over your wage budget?

Also - have you patched? If I recall correctly the chairman behaviour was modified at one point.

The thing is I did nothing wrong... I just adjusted the budget and sold plenty of my players. And it is also the beginning of the season; the club would see the money back NATURALLY at the end of the season. The game shouldnt allow the user to put themselves in debt like that(if the programming is not 'smart' enough to keep up with these realistic transfer protocols), and there is no way players of their quality should be sold for free.

BTW, for all my star players, I put their transfer fee at $0.00 so that the chairman wouldnt accept offers. Guess I was wrong.

So as aforementioned, Game-ruining joke...

It MAKES no sense if my chairman gives me a 30 million transfer kit, and I sell players for an extra 40 mill. And using that 70 million(which mostly came from SELLING players), puts me in a position where Im losing my star players for FREE! And their wages are VERY decent... around 50,000K a week.

BTW, I was Aston Villa

I, perhaps, had something similar with my current game. I was manager of Hull. They had recently been relegated to League 1 but were still paying huge wages to a lot of the players and were in a money mess. The Chairman accepted bids over my head to get us out of the red and continued for sometime after we were in the black. The very last one occured when we were about 2m in the black and a bid came in for our top striker. The bid was only 1.1m, a little under his real value, and it was accepted. I was a little shocked at the time but thinking about it now it makes some sense.

The board, in my opinion, were simply putting the short term financial rewards of the sale (1.1m cash, and 10k per week less on wages) over the long term, possible, reward that promotion would bring if he helped us to it.

I'm guessing that letting players go to another club on a free is a desperate money saving tactic. You don't have to pay the release fee or come to an agreement over compensation. It's quicker then waiting for people to come in at full price as well. Still, for quality players it seems a little daft not to squeeze some money out of the transfer. Maybe a sell on fee was stuck in?

icon_smile.gif Anyway, what's wrong with a star trek convention? Geeks, dorks, nerds whatever you want to call 'em...us even...are pretty much all the same. We're all fanatics or obsessives over something, all the differs is the specific subject matter. To a non-footie follower the standard football fan is just as geeky as a Trekkie!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cometdude:

Thanks for the post.

Makes no sense and the game should be programed to be a little bit more cognizant than that </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think if its a choice of that or a ten point deduction for going into administration then its a sensible choice.

When it happened to me it was a highly paid player and if you think about it if you want to stop losing money selling a player or two on big wages is the quickest way. There'll always be a team making a cheeky bid.

Sorry if this a double post but...

BTW, for all my star players, I put their transfer fee at $0.00 so that the chairman wouldnt accept offers. Guess I was wrong.

Maybe it was that? As far as the chairman was concerned you appeared willing to sell them for nothing so a) he could sell them for that and not upset you and b) any offer bigger, or indeed any with a clause, would be better than having you sell them for 0 so he jumped in? I may be reading too much into the Chairman programming though icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Peljam:

icon_smile.gif Anyway, what's wrong with a star trek convention? Geeks, dorks, nerds whatever you want to call 'em...us even...are pretty much all the same. We're all fanatics or obsessives over something, all the differs is the specific subject matter. To a non-footie follower the standard football fan is just as geeky as a Trekkie!

What klingon for 4 2 4 ? icon_wink.gif

But I am a rich club, I am UNDEr the weekly wage bill, I sold 40 mill worth of players, and THIS STILL OCCURS.

Sorry bout the star trek comment... it was just a convention(pun intented icon_razz.gif ) of speech.

No worries icon_smile.gif Glad this thread is all super calm now. If your finances, wage budget etc are all fine then I'm thinking maybe it was the set value. Either that or an odd bug.

But why should I be in debt to the point where my star players are being sold for free? I am always UNDER the weekly wage bill, I DID NOT ask the chairman for more money, and I sold players for a high amount of money.

The system is clearly flawed.

What klingon for 4 2 4 ? icon_wink.gif

Hehehe...could be... 'Ios t'ja Ios'

:: Pins 'I'm a Geek and Proud' badge to his chest ::

Ahem icon_smile.gif Certainly is flawed if the Chairman has sold at 0 because the value was set that way, indeed it'd be a bug if they've sold at 0 and then's no finanicial needs. Don't suppose you have a horrific loan or anything? Even then 0 for star players is daft. If the Chairman has an upper limit that he's willing to sell for then there should be a lower limit too.

But why should I be in debt to the point where my star players are being sold for free? I am always UNDER the weekly wage bill, I DID NOT ask the chairman for more money, and I sold players for a high amount of money.

The system is clearly flawed.

Wait... YOU set the player's value to $0 and they were sold for $0... but it's the SYSTEM that's flawed?

Maybe not directly on the topic of this problem but I too find that finances seem to fluctuate quite drastically at times. A situation in one of my games is I just gained promotion (from league 1 to champ) so you would assume more transfer money and more wages. However the next season came and No transfer funds came up and budget only increased by a couple of thousand. At the start of the season I noticed the balance was around 2 million and I sold a few fringe players so i am 7k under budget after signing a few players on frees. The team is performing around mid table which is better than I expected them to do considering just being promoted and the team not really being improved upon. Due to competing in a higher league and the decent form you would expect crowds to be fairly high meaning income. However at the current time I am now 600k in debt losing alot of money each month??? I reckon that this would be wiped out at the end of the season but untill then you are pretty much stuffed when it comes to transfers as even if I did sell a player I wouldn't be able to spend the money as only around 20% available.

One of the things about this game is all I really want to do is manage but at times it feels like i am playing finance manager 2008 having to constantly watch the finanaces where in real life managers nowadays dont really have much influence when it come to controling them. All they do is choose the players and it is up to the directers and chaiman to get them. This is something i would like to see implemented into fm 09.

It is at zero so that other Clubs won't bid around 5 million for them which the club would def. agree too. Usually, setting it at zero allows me to keep my players, until this time. So yes, flawed.

Players valued at $0 being sold for $0 doesn't sound like much of a flaw to me.

What I think has happened here is your attempts to avoid the chairman interference has lead to it, based on the maths behind it. All guesses of course so I could be completely wrong but...

Presumably a Chairman will accept a bid for a player that is either a) a reasonable amount of money that the club needs or b) is significantly more than their current value.

It might be a simple formula I guess along the lines of if bid > than value+25% then accept.

By setting a value of 0 that mathmatically makes any bid, even if all that is involved is 1k or the promise of a sell on fee, significantly about that threshold.

So it's not a flaw that the bid was accepted, but again you shouldn't have had to mess around with the player values to try and fend off bids. If you're in a good financial state then bids should hardly ever be accepted over your head. If this was the case then you wouldn't have to play about with the values. Something that needs tweaking for 09 perhaps.

Archived